NCAA tournament

Keenan Henderson

Was surprised to see SDSU get a 13 seed after winning 21 games in a row. That is only two spots ahead of last year’s ORU team that was 16-10. The Jackrabbits should have been at least seeded 11. Any thoughts?

Who are your Final Four teams?

Wow, with a 30-4 record you only get a 13th seed?  SDSU should be able to beat Providence (Big East, 25-5) and then would play the winner of Iowa (B-10, 26-9) and Richmond (A-10, 23-12).  BTW, Richmond at 23-10 got the 12th seed ahead of SDSU.  So it is now time for the Bunnies to step up and show the world what Summit League teams can do.  No excuses for a loss.

SDSU as a 13 seed is awful. That's pretty disrespectful  stuff from the committee. Providence had a great season and is really the one that loses from this - as a 4 seed, you should not be facing a 30 win team with power conference wins on their resume. 

• Upvote 1

TheEagleman agrees that the Jacks should have been at least an 11 seed and perhaps a 10.....and I will be picking them to beat Providence in round one.....The Friars are a bit overrated and SDSU underrated.....this match up is perfect for an upset.....actually, I wouldn't even consider this a major upset....Providence will likely only be favored by a couple points.....:sdsu:

Surprised at SDSU's #13 seed given their 30-4 and undefeated league record. I think that their draw against Providence is very winnable. The Friars are not a great defensive team and have trouble scoring. They play a very slow pace - grind it out.... much like UMKC. SDSU chewed up the Roos. I actually think that the Jackrabbits could run the Friars out the gym.

It will be a game of contrasting styles: tough/strong Big East team vs the run and gun Jackrabitts. SDSU will have to play some tough defense, which they have improved in, to win this first round matchup.

Providence beat, Texas Tech and Wisconsin, both three seeds, earlier in the year. So they can battle anyone in the field.

Really like them upsetting Providence but Iowa I doubt it they're playing real good right now🏀

TheEagleman has to fill out his brackets today.....anybody have any dark horses/lower seeds you think will surprise?  Who did Lunardi mention at the breakfast?.....😎

Not sure about the breakfast but Lunardi likes SDSU to make the Sweet 16 and lose to Kansas.

Michigan may be a lower seed (11th) who could make some noise. They have a winnable first road game against Colorado State.

Of course it was about one year ago that we were getting ready to watch the Golden Eagles knock off the heavyweight Ohio State on CBS and then a couple days later Florida on TNT! Good times

Warning:  Contrarian View

I was not surprised by SDSU's seeding.  I agree that they can win a game or two but despite their impressive record they don't have an impressive resume.  Their four losses are to the one good team they played, Alabama, and they also lost to Washington at home and to Missouri St and Idaho.  What is there best win?  Washington St?

Their rankings aren't good.  Sagarin 76, and KenPom has them at 69.  

I'm not throwing shade.  I think they are a good team but the committee isn't going to give them the respect that we may think they deserve. I wish them well, picked them in my pools and will root for them.  Can't say I would do the same for the other XDSU 🤣

SDSU has the edge in shooting, i expect them to catch fire in the 2nd half and win by 9 89-80

Would not be surprised if SDSU beats Providence handily. If the Jackrabbits are making shots (they usually do), I don’t think the Friars have the ability to keep up. 

Jay Bilas thinks the Jacks are a solid pick over the Friars......could be the Kiss of Death there.....😬....TheEagleman will be in a local pub with a few friends rooting for SDSU....GO JACKS!! :sdsu:

SDSU went D-I in 2004, prior to that they were D-II.  They joined the Summit League in 2007.  At the D-I level in men's basketball they have appeared in the Big Dance in 2012, 13, 16, 17, 18 and 22.  Their combined record in the NCAA Tournament at the D-I level is 0-5.  At the D-I level they have never won a game in the Big Dance.  As a D-I institution they also appeared in the NIT in 2015 and 2019.  Their combined record in that tournament is 1-2.  In 2015 they beat Colorado State in the first round and lost to Vandy in the second round.  In 2019 they lost to Texas in the NIT.  They also appeared in the CBI in 2014 losing to Old Dominion.  Hopefully this is the year they turn things around and go on a run in the Big Dance.