NCAA First Round: #15 ORU vs. #2 Ohio State

Old Titan

Just now, OKC Eagle said:

We did not play so far out of our minds that we can't repeat in the second half. Abmas was insane from 3 but not very good from 2. We missed a lot of makeable shots.

5-7 from 3 is bornerline "out of his mind." 😁

If we have the lead after 5 minutes of the second half...LOOK OUT! Buckeyes will feel the pressure as the #2 seed. 

• Like 1

I've been amazed at the pace of the game.  Both teams out and running on nearly every possession.  I'd think that a slower paced game would benefit the Eagles, but apparently the coaching staff doesn't agree!

I love how loose and confident our guys are playing.  They're sure not playing like they're a 15 seed. 

Gotta keep KO out of foul trouble in the second half.

]

Someone messed up their research.  The Elite Elite appearance was 1974 ... not 1951. ORU didn’t exist in 1951. E6B02A16-2F98-425C-B42B-2180E92B3333.thumb.jpeg.e25eb64351bf11cb75e0ba12d9a3654c.jpeg

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ttowncount said:

Someone messed up their research.  The Elite Elite appearance was 1974 ... not 1951. ORU didn’t exist in 1951. E6B02A16-2F98-425C-B42B-2180E92B3333.thumb.jpeg.e25eb64351bf11cb75e0ba12d9a3654c.jpeg

Ha! I noticed the same thing. I will take two Elite 8 appearances though. 😁

Three fouls called on that possession. Should have been ORU's ball after the missed shot. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ManiacAlum said:

Three fouls called on that possession. Should have been ORU's ball after the missed shot. 

Did anyone understand what that call was? The only ORU player was Jurgens with his back to the Ohio St. player.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr. Cornelius said:

Did anyone understand what that call was? The only ORU player was Jurgens with his back to the Ohio St. player.

I wanted to see a replay on that! ORU player (Jurgens?) was clearly in position. Set off a whole chain of events. 

Never watched much Big-10 basketball, but put me down as totally unimpressed with their coach. Maybe he's great and just having an off day?