NCAA First Round: #15 ORU vs. #2 Ohio State

Old Titan

25 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Now the NCAA changed their minds to only allow 9% or 1350 fans at tomorrow's game.  So it won't be a much of an advantage for the Buckeyes.  Thinking the Golden Eagles keep it close in the first half but then Ohio State finishes us off in the second half, 85-70.

Absurd. Got an extra ticket if any ORU fan in the area can make it!

Buckeyes will be all over Max and it will be very hard for him to get his usual 25 or more.....Obanor MUST stay out of foul trouble or we are toast....they will try to take the ball at him early...if he picks up a couple of quickies that won't be good....yeah, as someone stated earlier, ORU will need a "Marchello Vealy type" performance from Weaver, Thompson or Jurgens and all 3 of those guys will have to contribute something....or...well, you get my drift....OSU will be clearing the bench in the 2nd half.....however, if ORU can hit some shots and hang around thru halftime....the Buckeyes could get nervous and the pressure starts to shift....have seen it so many times in this tournament when a low seed is still hanging close or leading in the final 10 minutes.....the pressure builds on the favorite.....TheEagleman just has a feeling that this bunch won't fold early....adversity will happen.....we have to weather it when it does.....gotta stay within single digits by half or it's history.....I am going to grab ORU and the 16.5 points or whatever....I cannot and will not bet against my boys in a game like this.....optimism is the key.....and I think we have the poise to stick around....Weaver is going to have a big game....he has to.....we need 15+ from him or somebody else.....and at least a combined 45-50 from Max and KO just to hang in there.....TheEagleman truly hopes that we are watching a reasonably close game in the final 5 minutes....EXPECT A MIRACLE!!....it's been 47 years since we have had an NCAA Tournament win....I was 19....lol.....but i remember it well.....so let's do this.....as Coach Mills says...PRESS ON!!.....what the heck.....ORU 84  OSU 83.....GO BLUE!!!.....:tb-blue:

Did you see the name of one of the announcers?

"Ian Eagle and Grant Hill will provide the play-by-play and analysis for CBS, while Jamie Erdahl is on the sidelines for the crew."

Ian Eagle has been calling NCAA games for years; he’s a fixture with CBS. 

But I noticed the color man has changed:  it was originally announced as former Duke All-American Jim Spanarkel, but now it’s former Duke All-American Grant Hill. 

After a little research, I found out why:

Scary how close we came to not having a former Duke player on the broadcast. 2 or 3 more positive tests might have done it. 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, ORUTex said:

Scary how close we came to not having a former Duke player on the broadcast. 2 or 3 more positive tests might have done it. 

Big drop off from long-time-pro Jim Spanarkel:  Grant Hill is a nice guy, but I'm guessing anything he'll have to offer re: ORU with such short prep time will be printed on a handful of index cards. #ACEmus #LOTsiss

A little surprised the line hasn't moved since it came out; it would appear half the betting public doesn't think ORU can cover.

I thought it might drop under 15 points by now; but if a gun were held to my head I would still give the 16.5 and take the Buckeyes.

I'm sure you're all relieved to hear that...

Denzel Washington Reaction GIF

Good luck to the Golder Eagles today.  Don't just cover, go ahead and win the game.  Time for The Oral Roberts University to shock the NCAA world.

• Upvote 1

The referees need to swallow their whistles a little bit in this game.  If Obanor gets in foul trouble, that would make it an uphill battle.  

However, if the refs are calling a closer game then we will need more Lacis, Weaver, and Plet down low to help Kevin out on defense and with rebounding.  Also, we will need to drive to the basket on offense to draw fouls and not simply settle for jump shots.  This team wins at the FT line by shooting such a high percentage.  

Very tough to beat top ten teams like Ohio State.  Look at their roster and they have guys like Towns, transfer and former top player at Harvard, and Justin Sueing, transfer and former top player at California.  Even their role guys are the best players from other  D1 teams.  It would take a miracle but we believe in miracles!

Looks like ORU/OSU will be starting a little late.....Va Tech and Florida headed to OT.....😲

Good! Give the Buckeyes a little time to get nervous!

Here we go. Let's go #ORUMBB!

Doing ok so far all things considered. I agree gotta help down in the post. We can live with everything else. 

Also add me to the list of prodigal posters. 😬

LET'S GO!!!

We did not play so far out of our minds that we can't repeat in the second half. Abmas was insane from 3 but not very good from 2. We missed a lot of makeable shots.

• Like 1

What a first half with ORU up 3!  The Eagles are playing defense, rebounding and Max/K.O are playing strong.  Can they keep it?  Will the other guys step up in the second half?