NCAA First Round: #15 ORU vs. #2 Ohio State

Old Titan

i'd like to read the meltdown thread on the TU board - can someone post a link? 🤣

THAT WAS AWESOME. Walking around Indy in my ORU gear tonight after the game, had a bunch of people stop us and thank us/congratulate us. So fun!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Incredible!!!  you just had to 1 up NDSU over Oklahoma in 2014 didnt ya!!!   (OU was better than this OSU team)

im in Minnesota,  so Big 10 country.  I knew ORU would easily cover i never trusted OSU...  but dayum that was awesome!!!

the NDSU bar i was at in Fargo was cheering like mad for our summit league brothers..

ORU /NDSU making money with 3 wins...   sdsu making us nothing haha

Florida is beatable

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

i'd like to read the meltdown thread on the TU board - can someone post a link? 🤣

https://tulsa.forums.rivals.com/threads/oru-tied-with-buckeyes.21905/

Not too bad. But they are still so pomposus as to think if they simply decide they want Coach Mills he will come running...

https://tulsa.forums.rivals.com/threads/paul-mills.21906/

Rick are you watching make Mills the next self leaving oru for Tulsa now $$$$$$$$$$$&&&&

"If we wait until they lose to offer he will be gone to a P5"

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Texasgrip said:

But they are still so pomposus as to think if they simply decide they want Coach Mills he will come running...

Yes...  their arrogance is only overshadowed by their fits of delusion. 

What could they even offer at this point? They're obviously having significant financial problems, and their attendance is nearly as bad as ours. I seriously doubt their next coach will see the payday that Haith got. 

Liddell getting death threats online after the game. Really sad. 

Of all the two seeds to upset, it feels good to upset arguably the biggest fan base in the country. 

What is wrong with people?

Liddell played well. It’s not his fault the other players stopped feeding the post. 

1 minute ago, ORUTerry said:

Liddell played well. It’s not his fault the other players stopped feeding the post. 

get used to it.....more and more disgruntled gamblers as sports wagering booms and access to athletes thru social media

One benefit of staying at a mid major. You don't have these mass numbers of over-entitled fans wanting to rip your head off every time you have an off game. Take note, Max, Kevin, and Mills. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ORUTerry said:

As I’ve said before, I used to travel to Columbus for work. I went there at least once a month for 4 or 5 years. Those Bucknuts are seriously unhinged. I live in Texas so I know what unhinged looks like, can you say Aggies?, and OSU is the leader of the free world. In the employee cafeteria I was regularly appalled by what normally well adjusted people would say when talking about OSU.

They ran Kirk Herbstreit out of town because he dared to be objective when talking about the Buckeyes.  

Sadly, this news doesn’t surprise me in the least. I feel bad for the young man and will pray for his mental well being and his safety. If I were him I would transfer to ORU. 

Just thinking how impressive this victory was!  15 seeds had a recored of 8-132 coming into this game. Like Coach Mlls always tells the guys, it is just a number by your name but that does not define you.  Something we all could learn in life!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Today went back and watched the Ohio State game, without commericals.  It was a lot more fun to watch the second time when you already know who is going to win!  For the most part it was a really grind it out kind of game.  Looking back this was a favorable match for ORU because the Buckeyes only had one inside guy to go to, Liddel.  He picked up his fourth foul right before overtime and then Ohio State decided to put a smaller player (6'5 guy) on K.O.  He then just took over in the first few minutes of OT and helped led the Eagles to victory.

Very fun to watch a second time if you get the chance!

12 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Today went back and watched the Ohio State game, without commericals.  It was a lot more fun to watch the second time when you already know who is going to win!  For the most part it was a really grind it out kind of game.  Looking back this was a favorable match for ORU because the Buckeyes only had one inside guy to go to, Liddel.  He picked up his fourth foul right before overtime and then Ohio State decided to put a smaller player (6'5 guy) on K.O.  He then just took over in the first few minutes of OT and helped led the Eagles to victory.

Very fun to watch a second time if you get the chance!

ORU played with confidence in that game!

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

In today's Tulsa World on an article about sports betting was a betting screen from March 19, 2021

SportsBetting_ORU.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahhhhhhhh....the good old days.....TheEagleman won a lot of $$$ on that day and the Florida/Arkansas games.....but still glad i gave it up.... those were exciting times that may never come around again.....thanks for the memories, Bogus!! :tb-blue:

• Like 1