NCAA First Round: #15 ORU vs. #2 Ohio State

Old Titan

Ohio State is not a tall team but very physical.  The main issues they have struggled with this year is: taller teams (7 foot guys) and defense (70 points a game allowed).  The Buckeyes do like to push the pace, so maybe they will run some with the Golden Eagles.  K.O. will need some help rebounding.  Would expect Plet to play some off the bench, maybe 5-10 minutes in the first half.

This is actually kind of funny:  when quizzed about ORU after the seedings came out, Ohio State head coach Holtman Chris Holtmann was vaguely complimentary toward the Golden Eagles but not specific, having obviously not seen them play this year.

Fast forward to now when, after having reviewed a little tape, his tone seems to have changed a bit! (lol)

Click the link above Max's picture for the article:

Yeah if you watched the Selection Show on Sunday, when they showed Ohio State's team and said you will play ORU.  They all looked puzzled, like who is that!

I’ll be in attendance on Friday....hoping the players of ohio st overlook ORU,  and ORU shoots very well....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORUPucks said:

I’ll be in attendance on Friday....hoping the players of ohio st overlook ORU,  and ORU shoots very well....

How'd you get tix?

So TheEagleman is a backslider because he jokingly said ORU should just kick their  ***.....so you guys would just rather kiss their *** ???....have you ever met an Ohio State Fan?....then you would not be ripping me....but if that's the way you want it....I will just lay low and do no trash talking....God forbid we offend the 9 OSU fans who are reading our board.....GO BLUE!!!.....🤐:circle-logoi:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

So TheEagleman is a backslider because he jokingly said ORU should just kick their  ***.....so you guys would just rather kiss their *** ???....have you ever met an Ohio State Fan?....then you would not be ripping me....but if that's the way you want it....I will just lay low and do no trash talking....God forbid we offend the 9 OSU fans who are reading our board.....GO BLUE!!!.....🤐:circle-logoi:

We know you're gonna miss Wentz, so we can let it slide. 🤣

But Dak signed the big one - so you can be happy for AMERICA'S TEAM! 😉 💪

3 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Ohio State is not a tall team but very physical.  The main issues they have struggled with this year is: taller teams (7 foot guys) and defense (70 points a game allowed).  The Buckeyes do like to push the pace, so maybe they will run some with the Golden Eagles.  K.O. will need some help rebounding.  Would expect Plet to play some off the bench, maybe 5-10 minutes in the first half.

Heck, Every team in the Big 10 is very physical.:) They just beat each other up every game. The good thing is ORU is not having to play the monster that Illinois has at center plus their guards. 

Have to figure a way for Obanor to not get in foul trouble. Somehow. 🙂  He is going to have to give up some layups as if he gets in foul trouble it could get rough. 

Ohio st will run with ORU. Just need to hit a LOT of 3s and stay in it. 

Will be rooting them on and hope they stay in it. Hank will be at the game i believe so if anyone goes stop by and say hi to him!

Thanks, Guys....TheEagleman promises to behave as best he can....somewhat.....wearing my ORU cap all week to all company zoom meetings and getting....huh?.....who are they?....oh....you are the guys playing THE OHIO STATE?.....ouch! :circle-logoi:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Even if K.O. gets in foul trouble, say two at the 10 minute mark, leave him in.  He is a smart experienced guy who can play around it.  What do you have to lose?  Sure if he gets three before halftime, take him out, but go with your star.  

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

I was joking. Easy, big fella. 

Joey Brackets (ESPN) just put a video on ORU's ESPN page saying the Golen Eagles will shock the world and upset Ohio State!  That will probaly get the Buckeyes fired up.

That's the Kiss of Death.....😬:circle-logoi:

59 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

That's the Kiss of Death.....😬:circle-logoi:

🤦‍♂️ come on Lunardi!

4 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

FWIW Eagleman I don’t consider you a backslider. You’re a little salty and that is fine by me. 

Can we go back to Pitino jokes now?  I heard they are running a PSA in Indianapolis for female Italian restaurant employees.