ORU-TU Game Thread

Old Titan

I almost didn't go to this game.  I have to admit I haven't been a good fan past few years.  The previous few teams never impressed me.  But I am sooooo glad I went tonight.  This team won me back.  There were 3 major things I haven't seen in a while

1.  Tenasious D -  I loved our Defense. We have a ton of energy and toughness.

2. Leadership - Jackson, Obi and several other guys are strong leaders on the court

3. Mental toughness - These guys never let TU get a run that took the game away. They stayed focus and got good plays when the needed.  Same for the coaching staff.  They did a great job.

I just love that Kaufman came in,grabbed a board and iced the game from the ft line with 1 min to go.  What a team.

I can't wait to see what this team does.  They have my attention. 

• Upvote 1

I almost didn't go to this game.  I have to admit I haven't been a good fan past few years.  The previous few teams never impressed me.  But I am sooooo glad I went tonight.  This team won me back.  There were 3 major things I haven't seen in a while

1.  Tenasious D -  I loved our Defense. We have a ton of energy and toughness.

2. Leadership - Jackson, Obi and several other guys are strong leaders on the court

3. Mental toughness - These guys never let TU get a run that took the game away. They stayed focus and got good plays when the needed.  Same for the coaching staff.  They did a great job.

I just love that Kaufman came in,grabbed a board and iced the game from the ft line with 1 min to go.  What a team.

I can't wait to see what this team does.  They have my attention. 

This. ^^^^^

I've been following the ORU blog closely as I have been for years now, and from reading everyone's prior posts I was under the impression we would be a 200+ RPI team, and with my Orlando Magic stinking it up and my Jaguars stinking it up, I though I had no winning teams to root for.

I cannot stand watching ORU lose, I even read a study that watching your team lose can decrease your testosterone levels by 1-2%, but I digress, so I thought almost certainly this was going to be a L. I thought I would just catch the final score on my sportscenter app, but at 8pm ET, I couldn't help myself and flipped on Haxton broadcasting through my tunein radio app to here we were up by 2 with 10minutes left, and screamed "are you freaking kidding me?" I quickly helped my wife put the kids to bed, and stayed glued to the broadcast. 

I have to say, the remaining 10 minutes of that game reminded me why I became such a die heart ORU b-ball fan. If we can continue to play with this kind of intensity then we can all expect more upset(s).

Lovely comments by Big and Wake.....it's only one game but we sure can savor this one....it's been at least 5-6 years since we have beaten TU and wonder when the last time we beat them as an underdog.....this ORU team clearly has the leadership and heart that teams of the past few years have lacked....all those years with DoMo and we couldn't beat the Golden Hurricane....but this young 2013-14 team turns the trick.....this is a good day....a really good day..... :eagles:

TheEagleman is just wondering....thought ORU colors were Navy Blue and Vegas Gold....so how come we have no gold in our home white or away blue uniforms for the men?....the ladies have gold....what's the deal?.... :nerd:

TheEagleman is just wondering....thought ORU colors were Navy Blue and Vegas Gold....so how come we have no gold in our home white or away blue uniforms for the men?....the ladies have gold....what's the deal?.... :nerd:

I believe both sets of jerseys have numbers/letters outlined in vegas gold. 

TheEagleman thinks the road uniforms would look better with all gold numbers like the ladies'.....and the home whites with more gold trim...just sayin'..... :|

I love the home and away uniforms just like they are.  They are simple but have a classic look IMHO.

Personally I like crisp white at home, which is what he wore Wed.  We've had off-white or ivory in the past, which I don't like as well.  The current home unis are great (although more gold trim would be fine, EM)!  On the other hand, I don't mind the gold unis at home.  A buddy I sit with HATES them - so the jury is split on that issue.  I also like the road uniforms, too.  Great color of blue.  But I understand what Eagleman is saying, and more gold would be fine.