ORU-TU Game Thread

Old Titan

Huge win! Toughest mentally and physically I've seen them play in years. Would have been very easy to pack it in when all the calls started going against them, and Glover and Conley fouled out.  Looks like there is much more inside depth this year than we've had in a while.  They could do VERY well in the Southland with those kinds of performances.

• Upvote 1

Number 1 "Key To The Game" for ORU to pull off the upset: 

It's not rebounding.  It's not turnovers.  It's not free throws.  Though all those things are important.

It's shooting percentage. 

ORU needs to shoot 50% or better to have a chance in this game, and they need to limit TU to 40% or worse.

Easier said than done, playing on the road in your first game of the season. 

But, there it is...

Wow. Reverse that pretty much completely, and it is spot on!  Turns out it was rebounding and free throws, and we win despite being outshot 50% to 39%.

Funny thing is, before the game I completely agreed.  Basketball can be a strange game.

In the words of Rasheed Wallace: "The ball don't lie".

Even more satisfying to win this game 5 on 8, with two starters DQ'd with plenty of time left.

ORU also hammered TU on the boards.

Obi has LEADERSHIP written all over him.  We will win several tight games this season because of him - and today was the first.

What a game and what a great way to start the season.  Still have a lot of basketball to play, but what a win.  Proud to be a Golden Eagle!

6 rebounds for Kaufman in 6 minutes...impressive!.....especially after ORU lost Conley, Glover and Henderson to fouls....looks like we have 10 guys who can play..... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

Wow. Reverse that pretty much completely, and it is spot on! Turns out it was rebounding and free throws, and we win despite being outshot 50% to 39%.

Funny thing is, before the game I completely agreed. Basketball can be a strange game.

LOL - you beat me to it!

Yeah, I guess the ONLY way to overcome 39% shooting when your opponent shoots 50% is to crush them on the boards, turn them over a bunch, and hope they shoot 17-36 from the line!

The reason I thought we had to shoot so well was because I expected them to be much more physical than us.

BOY, WAS I WRONG!

WE HIT 'EM IN THE MOUTH!!

SINCE WHEN DOES ORU HIT PEOPLE IN THE MOUTH???

Great pic, guys!...TheEagleman already has it saved as my wallpaper....this is an exciting victory for ORU.....our first road opener win in 32 years....geez....TheEagleman was only 5 yrs out of ORU then..... :nerd:

So considering tonight's loss to cross town "rival" ORU and their terrible 2013 football season....the fans at 11th and Harvard must be ready to slit their wrists.....such a shame..... :nerd: