2013-14 Roster

ORUTerry

TheEagleman remembers well Obi's excellent play vs. ORU when he was at Western Illinois....sounds awesome that he is also a leader type guy.....still....he's only a sophomore....but, whatever works...... :nerd:

True Eagleman. So often we categorize the leadership with the senior status. But a true leader is one who doesn't wait until his time is called, he jumps on the opportunity to lead at any given time! Obi is a solid leader on and off the court! He is the leader the team needs!

Looks like you guys have things under control for the Summer.  If you need me, I'll be by the pool.

• Upvote 1

At 95+ degrees most every day.....you'd better be, Eagle......but I will bet even the pool water is hot.......but yeah, not much to chat about around here lately.....and it's likely to be another 6 weeks before our schedule is finalized.....sounds like another brutal one for ORU..... :sweat:

question for the "insiders":

any word on Denell Henderson or Jabbar Singleton?  i haven't seen any chatter about them being on campus.

• Upvote 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="ORUalum" data-cid="93206" data-time="1371168280"><p>

question for the "insiders":<br />

<br />

any word on Denell Henderson or Jabbar Singleton? i haven't seen any chatter about them being on campus.</p></blockquote>

Not yet. These are the only players including Word who have not been on campus yet. I believe they begin their summer school session soon. I will notify you when the full team is on campus.

• Upvote 1

Any word on Kaufman's health?....ORU is really going to need the 7-footer this season because I believe he might be the only guy over 6-7......if we can't get at least 20-25 productive minutes from the big kid......well....that's not gonna be good.... :sweat:

ORUalum from Bobby Words Instagram photo is appears that he is in campus. With his arrival I'm pretty sure Singleton and Henderson should follow shortly.

Eagleman.. From the pickup games that I saw in the AC last week while the team held camp, Kaufman looked fine. Only thing with the big fella is he needs to get more aggressive. His 7 foot stature is great, but he is slow on his feet and seemed to struggle defensively. I'm sure by the season he will have progressed!

Big men rarely look good in pick-up games:  the pace is typically faster than a real game, and the guards never throw them the ball.

Just good to hear that Kaufmann is out running the floor!

ORUalum took a peek into camp and it looks like singleton is on campus along with Obi who I saw wearing a boot on his foot. So, all that is left is Henderson.

Obi in a boot already?....well, at least it's 4 months until practice starts.....whatever he has should heal....just hate to see anything chronic like Jordan Kaufman.....we need the 7-footer this year......this will likely be Coach Suttons' toughest coaching challenge yet.....so many young players....few upperclassman leader types....very little inside muscle.....not sure that I am ready to follow the 12-18 road that OT is taking but it's surely not out of the question......ORU will have to be quick and shoot well from the outside.....it will surely be an interesting season.....successful?.....well......... :sweat: