2013-14 Roster

ORUTerry

well said eagleman.  it sounds like his life is spiraling out of control.

Sounds like the kid needs serious help....that kind of temper is an indication of a lot of internal turmoil....I am sure there is a lot more going on than we could possibly know.....ORU has lost a key member of the team for sure but this is surely a terrible day for the University and for Tree's family..... and let's pray that the girl and baby are gonna be OK.....TheEagleman would be interested to hear what's being said on campus....detractors of ORU will have a field day with this one.....and what if anything can ORU do for the young man at this time?.....not gonna sleep well tonight for sure..... :worried:

the Tulsa World has a few more graphic details.  he could be facing attempted murder charges.

The paper sounded like "domestic abuse" let's let the legal system work this out and not make assumptions.

call me crazy...but if a 6'8" guy had me pinned to the ground, putting an arm bar across my throat, then trying to smother me with a pillow so i couldn't breath; i'd say he was trying to kill me.

You are assuming she is 5'5" and 100 lbs and unable to defend herself.   That could be, but it could be the opposite.  Her father was quoted as saying she and the baby are fine.  Let's just let the court system work it out and not be the judge and jury. Anyone deserves that.

People outside of the ORU family are going to be more than happy to jump to conclusions that fit the stereotypes they are used to projecting. Let's be the kind of people that first respond with rationale and grace. 

• Upvote 1

Amen to that!..... :clap:

• 3 weeks later...

Jake Literas is no longer apart of the team. He met with the coaches and told them that he would not be back next year as a player.

Jake Literas is no longer apart of the team. He met with the coaches and told them that he would not be back next year as a player.

Best of luck to Jake if this is true.  I think the switch in conferences really hurt him.  He seemed to struggle against the quicker more athletic players in the Southland.

If you are right, that leaves:

Seniors

Shawn Glover (red shirt)      6'7"

Mikey Manghum (red-shirt)   6'2"

Juniors

Denell Henderson (JUCO)    6'7"

Adrion Webber (JUCO)         6'5"

Sophomores

Brandon Conley   6'5"

Obi Emegano (red shirt)   6'4"

Korey Billbury (red shirt)   6'2"

D. J. Jackson (red shirt)    5'11"

Freshmen

Jorden Kaufman (red shirt)    7'0"

Corbin Byford (red shirt)         6'6"

Bobby Word                            6'3"

Dederick Lee                          6'2"

Jabbar Singleton                    6'0"

Whatever the reason, Jake regressed from his freshman year.  He lost his intensity, and at times appeared not just tentative, but downright lost on the court.

I hope things go well for him in the future - he seems like a really good guy.

• Upvote 1

From what I know, he asked to remain apart of the team but as a grad assistant. Not sure if he was granted the position all I know is his intentions were to remain apart of the team and finish at ORU.

Who will forget the Jake Lliteras breakaway slam dunk that made the ESPN SportsCenter Top Ten back in the 2011-12 season.....TheEagleman wishes Jake all the best..... :clap:

• Upvote 1

From what I know, he asked to remain apart of the team but as a grad assistant. Not sure if he was granted the position all I know is his intentions were to remain apart of the team and finish at ORU.

Makes perfect sense since he has been in a relationship with Christian Key for a couple of years.  I know that the student assistant position has been committed to another person, but I'm sure the coaching staff will take all of the free help that they can get. 

I hope Jake can see his way to staying a part of the team in whatever capacity is possible.  He seems like a great kid and he has invested in the program to be provided whatever opportunities may be available.

With nine freshmen and sophomores on the roster, we know it will be a VERY young team taking the floor this Fall.  And, unless there's another Ken Tutt or Caleb Green amongst the newcomers, it could be a very LONG season as well.

Very good point. However, I do not believe that youth will have an impact on this team. Kentuckian team is full of young guys and they are projected to win the national championship. Now, I'm not saying that we are UK or have the all Americans that they do. My point is, instead of judging the team on youth, we should judge this team braised on hear and talent. I do know that this team has a lot of heart and is very talented! The guys have something to prove and are willing to make a change for the program!