D. J. Jackson (red shirt)    5'11"

Freshmen

Jorden Kaufman (red shirt)    7'0"

Corbin Byford (red shirt)         6'6"

Bobby Word                            6'3"

Dederick Lee                          6'2"

Jabbar Singleton (verbal)       6'0"

Observations:

1. We have no more scholarships to give if this roster stays the same.

2. We are lacking in height. Kaufman will obviously help, but he will be a freshman and recovering from foot surgery.

3. Our team is heavily weighted towards freshmen and sophomores - a very young/inexperienced squad.

My hope is that Kaufman returns 100% healed, but we should also prepare for the possibility that this remains a nagging injury (like a lot of foot injuries tend to be for big guys). 

Also --- if I can be, ahem, honest. Jake Lliteras needs to step up!

• Upvote 1

Foot problems for big guys seem to be persistent (i.e. Yao Ming). Let's hope that Kaufman has a complete recovery. I do know that he was (still is?) in that boot for a long time. Hopefully they are just being cautious to make sure the foot completely heals.

So we currently have four front court players and that's including Byford as a small forward at 6'6"....we need to get another big guy because not sure we can count on Kaufman due to his chronic foot problems.....theEagleman is just wondering if Jake Lliteras will be on the roster for next season.....he totally disappeared this year.....maybe he would want to transfer and get playing time elsewhere at a lower level where his slow speed wouldn't be a defensive liability like it is in the Southland..... :!:

Here is a list of the returning players and incoming recruits:

Seniors

Steven Roundtree    6'8"

Shawn Glover (red shirt)  6'7"

Mikey Manghum (red-shirt)   6'2"

Junior

Jake Lliteras (red shirt)    6'5"

Sophomores

Brandon Conley   6'5"

Obi Emegano (red shirt)   6'4"

Korey Billbury (red shirt)   6'2"

D. J. Jackson (red shirt)    5'11"

Freshmen

Jorden Kaufman (red shirt)    7'0"

Corbin Byford (red shirt)         6'6"

Bobby Word                            6'3"

Dederick Lee                          6'2"

Jabbar Singleton (verbal)       6'0"

No height, little experience, questionable scoring, still-to-be resolved health and academic issues.

To put it bluntly:  that roster has 12 wins written all over it. :sweat:

Obi can play small forward in the Southland. Physical guy. Gotta get a juco big to help for next year.

Then we'll have to "run somebody off" to make scholarship room for anyone else coming in from the HS or juco ranks.

That's too harsh a term, I suppose - perhaps "advising the student-athlete that his wishes for more playing time might be better served at another program" will sound better during the team exit interviews coming up in the next few weeks.

Just wondering if Jake will be around next season....he disappeared this year..... :nerd:

Then we'll have to "run somebody off" to make scholarship room for anyone else coming in from the HS or juco ranks.

That's too harsh a term, I suppose - perhaps "advising the student-athlete that his wishes for more playing time might be better served at another program" will sound better during the team exit interviews coming up in the next few weeks.

My 'educated' guess is 2 or 3 off of the list at this top of this thread, that can return...won't, for one reason or another.

Need to find a couple of 6'-7" athletes. NW State seemed to have about 10 of them. We just need a couple.

According to Rivals.com we are recruiting at least three juco players:

Curtis Evans (6'6") - Cowley County (KS) Community College

Dominique McKoy (6'7") - Cowley County (KS) Community College

Colin Voss (6'7") - Northern OK (Tonkawa) Community College

Not sure accurate or timely Rivals.com is concerning ORU recruiting data.

Hummm.....guys named Dominique have worked out well in the past.....I think McKoy should be at the top of our list...... :nerd:

"Well it's official signed that letter today. Newest member for the golden eagles." -- Adrion Webber

"Brother Martin guard @JabbarSingleton officially signed with Oral Roberts today. #ORU -- twitter

and with a visit this weekend from McKoy, i think it's safe to say a couple of guys will not be back

Bye Bye Jake?....and others?..... :nerd:

• 3 weeks later...

Roundtree is done...what a shame.  It sounds like he was already gone before this happened.

LINK

Oh my....such a terrible thing....TheEagleman is sick to his stomach.....what a waste of talent and such a shame that this has happened to the young girl....obviously there is a lot more to this story.....and basketball is not the important thing here....Tree needs a lot of help and will likely go to prison for a serious attack like this......I guess this is a multiple violation of the honor code as well.....I am sure his time at ORU is at an end.....we have to pray for this young man, the victim and the families involved..... ;(

• Upvote 1