2013-14 Roster

ORUTerry

If he's eligible this year, I might bump us up to .500 on the year.

Otherwise, 12-18 looks about right.

To his credit, no one on Missouri State played exceptionally well last year. They were a wreck of a team and I suspect a lot of that had to do with the coaching or lack thereof.  This is a very good get for the Golden Eagles. 

We were horrible in non-con but much better in conference play (8-10 and lost 2 games at the buzzer) ...part of starting 4 frosh a lot (7th youngest team in the nation) after losing 4 starters from the year before and having your best returning player blow his knee out in the summer.  We won't be a wreck of team next year and will be picked top 4 in the Valley. 

Concerning Drew his sister recently passed away and it was the main reason he transferred.  High level athlete with good motor but limited offensive skills...great kid and teammate though. 

Concerning Drew his sister recently passed away and it was the main reason he transferred.  High level athlete with good motor but limited offensive skills...great kid and teammate though. 

This would appear to be a textbook case where the hardship rule for immediate eligibility might apply.

Unfortunately, as I have complained about before, the rule has been totally undermined by disgruntled players all over the country fabricating family emergencies as an excuse for playing-time transfers.

Now, legitimate instances of true hardship may get denied as a result...

One of the players I talked to yesterday told me that Mikey Manghum will no longer be apart of the team.

Geez....not that Manghum was a stud or anything but we are really going to have a young group next season.....very few seniors/juniors.....OT is right....ORU is likely to take it's lumps early on with all the tough road games.....with DBH, Niles and Tree gone....we lose over 40 points of production per game right there..... :sweat:

Manghum worked the Scott Sutton basketball camps on campus this past week - I saw pictures of him smiling with three of the campers.  That would seem to indicate there aren't any hard feelings between him and the coaching staff, or else he wouldn't have been there.

Let's just see how this whole thing plays out by summer's end.  It's been my experience that teammates make lousy sources sometimes, especially if that source is a walk-on:  they seem to always want to gossip about team matters that would best be kept in the locker room.

Regardless of whether he's suiting up or not, it would be wise for the coaching staff to keep Mikey around the program. From a distance he seems like a good morale guy and with such a young team, we could use that kind of leadership. 

if history is any indicator, someone won't qualify...i'd stick around too if i were Mikey or Jake.

BELIEVE ME, it won't be Mikey.  He originally came to ORU on an academic scholarship, and continues to be one of the top student-athletes in terms of academics.

• Upvote 1

I think ORUalum is insinuating if one of the other players doesn't qualify, that gives Mikey and /or Jake an opportunity.  :wasntme:

• Upvote 1

Well no, I don't believe that ORUalum is being insulting. I believe that when he uses "qualify" I believe he means that either someone will get redshirted or injured which like mentioned earlier history being an indicator will happen.

Manghums experience and leadership will be missed. He was not the best and sharpest player but he was a great kid, a leader, and he did things right!

Manghums' leadership on and off the court are surely going to be missed....TheEagleman is not sure where that's going to come from on the 2013-14 squad.....Billbury or Jackson?..... :nerd:

I think ORUalum is insinuating if one of the other players doesn't qualify, that gives Mikey and /or Jake an opportunity.  :wasntme:

Yep, you're right. I mis-read that somehow.  Please disregard my previous irrelevant post!

• Upvote 1

The leadership will come from Obi. From watching practices last year I saw the leadership. He understands the game and has a hunger to win! With his year out I'm sure he is ready to suit up and get after it.