2013-14 Roster

ORUTerry

Very good point. However, I do not believe that youth will have an impact on this team. Kentuckian team is full of young guys and they are projected to win the national championship. Now, I'm not saying that we are UK or have the all Americans that they do. My point is, instead of judging the team on youth, we should judge this team braised on hear and talent. I do know that this team has a lot of heart and is very talented! The guys have something to prove and are willing to make a change for the program!

We're.  Too.  Small.

12 wins - book it.

We're.  Too.  Small.

12 wins - book it.

With our lack of size, youth, and daunting road schedule, I fear you may be right.

12 wins? I hope your not right. I would hate to see the season go in that route. I do understand that the coaches are not done recruiting. I pray we can find those Caleb greens!

unless it's some type of hardship transfer, i believe he will have to sit out the normal transfer year.  according to this article he has already red-shirted, so i think he will only have 2 years of eligibilty after sitting out the transfer year...

Missouri State redshirt freshman Drew Wilson will transfer from the university at the end of the semester, coach Paul Lusk announced on Tuesday night.

Wilson, a 6-6 forward from Tulsa, played in 31 games this season for the Bears with 18 starts. He averaged 2.5 points and 3.4 rebounds. Lusk said Wilson will be released from his scholarship to explore transfer options, pending satisfactory academic progress the remainder of the semester."

We're.  Too.  Small.

12 wins - book it.

I'll take the over

Not greatly impressed with Drew Wilson when he visited the Mabee Center last year. He was well regarded out of high school and maybe Missouri State's style of play did not suit him. He was a very poor free throw shooter if I remember correctly.

His playing time was very sporadic and he frankly did not take many shots or free throws. Here is a link to his stat sheet.

With this addition we have 14 players on the roster and are only allowed 13......

With this addition we have 14 players on the roster and are only allowed 13......

One guy isn't coming back. :nerd:

Per Drew's twitter, he is saying he is eligible right away and isn't sitting a year. Also, in regards to the roster situation, do we know if Mikey is coming back to play next year? I believe he graduated this year.

It must mean that he is transferring under a hardship rule.

He is listed as 6'7" and 217 lbs. on the Missouri State site.  He is listed as 6'6" in another article.  Probably the 6'6" is accurate.  I wonder what the hardship would be in this situation.  However, if he is eligible, it will at least provide some height and depth with an experienced D-1 player.

I wonder what the situation was that caused him to start only 18 games and average only 13 minutes per game on a bad team (11-22) that we beat by 20.  Perhaps he was in the doghouse with the new coach.  Over his last 8 games of last season, he didn't start, and only attempted a total of 2 shots.  Sounds like a change of scenery would benefit both parties. 

ORUTerry is correct! Wilson is a terrible free throw shooter. The game at MS last yr, Wilson made his first free throw of the entire season. I'm not sure if this is a good add, but we shall see!

Everyone in the thread on the MSU fan board about his transfer stated what a fine person he was.  It sounds like ORU is adding a top notch person with a big motor and lots of enthusiasm.  Best of luck to Drew at ORU.  His best game was a double-double against TU...that rates big in my book.

Edit:

According to the ORU press release..."Wilson will sit out the 2013-14 season after transferring from Missouri State. "

To his credit, no one on Missouri State played exceptionally well last year. They were a wreck of a team and I suspect a lot of that had to do with the coaching or lack thereof.  This is a very good get for the Golden Eagles.