Nevada

Old Titan

Are there any highlights to this game? I was not able to watch and no replay on ESPN3

This loss just proves the men had no business being in the "Big Dance"

And this post just proves some people have no business being on the men's basketball forum. |(

Nevada was the BEST team to visit the Mabee Center this year. They were bigger and more athletic than us.

No shame in losing. Our guys played hard. With only 6 guys playing significant minutes, we just ran out of gas.

Great season. One in which we should all be proud.

Nevada was the BEST team to visit the Mabee Center this year. They were bigger and more athletic than us.

No shame in losing. Our guys played hard. With only 6 guys playing significant minutes, we just ran out of gas.

Great season. One in which we should all be proud.

AND YET - I think we had some good shots that didn't fall, and some bounces that didn't go our way. I think we would have definitely been in it at the end, and maybe even won it, had just a couple of those things gone the other way.

I'm with you - great season, great fun, sorry it's over but really happy about the way things went overall.

If you look at the season as a whole it was a GREAT year for the team. They lose their starting point guard before the season and basically play with 6 guys all season and 17-1 in conference just is incredible.

That is the one thing about the Xavier game that really bothered me in that nothing was said about ORU losing to WV and UTSA without their starting pt and center for both games. Also, it's not like the Xavier game was close!

Oh well hopefully both freshmen guards are ready to go for next year along with Glover. Obeski will really surprise you with his talent level as if he can just keep putting weight on he will be a major player for them.

Oh well hopefully both freshmen guards are ready to go for next year along with Glover. Obeski will really surprise you with his talent level as if he can just keep putting weight on he will be a major player for them.

I've got a little I can give him . . .

• Upvote 1

Some observations:

1. This was great season and I think the coaches & players did a marvelous job of making the most of what (little) we had. After injuries and eligibility issues, we only had eight players - with six getting the vast majority of minutes.

2. Nevada is a talented, athletic team that was deeper and better than we were. We still could have won the game though if shots had fallen and the ball bounces/calls get made a different way.

3. The shot blocker (#44 - Rush) was the difference maker in the game. He blocked five shots and altered several others - as well as making our guys nervous when approaching the rim. Shot blockers are a nice thing to have.

4. We went into an offensive funk in the latter part of the game (in no small part caused by Nevada's defense) and could not make shots. We did not match up well with their length and that showed on the boards where they dominated us. It did not hep that DBH was hurt (back) and was really slowed down. I heard before the game that he might not even play.

5. I thought we played hard and displayed good effort, but not playing many games over the last few weeks showed. We kept turnovers down (only five) but did not get into a flow on offense and missed close shots.

Again, this was a magical season and we frankly over performed. I wish the team I saw in the Mabee Center in January could have showed up in the last couple of games - but that was not to be.

It's no disgrace to lose a close game at home to a team like Nevada.....disappointing....yes....tough way to lose the home court winning streak.....but DarrenJ is right.....we got so much more than expected from a team who basically went with six guys all season.....an amazing year at 27-7....most of us would have been happy with 21-13.....I know it was hard losing the last two games to WIU and Nevada.....TheEagleman is hurting this morning....but I will try to ease the pain by watching some NCAA roundball today with my friends over some pizza and a few cold brews.....still love ORU....Go Blue! :clap:

Well, this might rub a little salt in the wound, Eagleman - I just did a quick skim of the Nevada message board. Not too much noteworthy on there except this - someone pointed out that the Wolf Pack ended the 23-game home winning streak of the Golden Eagles! I'd totally forgotten about that.

I'm sure those that listened to Geoff's broadcast last night heard that mentioned, because Geoff is good at talking about that sort of thing. But no one had mentioned it on the board, so I thought I would.

looking back now it is amazing this team won 27 games with 6 players. just think what might have been if Sutton had brought in a couple of JUCOs to add depth last off season. ORU did not get a single minute of playing time from last years recruiting class.

• Upvote 1

looking back now it is amazing this team won 27 games with 6 players. just think what might have been if Sutton had brought in a couple of JUCOs to add depth last off season. ORU did not get a single minute of playing time from last years recruiting class.

Great observation, alum. That is so true.

Did anyone hear Coach Sutton's post-game interview? I heard some comments on it, and wondered what others' perception of it was.

tmh i just heard the tail end of it and i may be reading too much into it, but it sounded like two guys doing their last postgame together.

By the time Jackson and Bilbury were declared ineligible, it was too late to bring anyone in.

Then, Holdman got hurt in our first exhibition game.

What looked all summer like a log jam at the guard spots suddenly turned into a dam break.

We got through the entire year with Rod playing the point on a reconstructed knee, and Mikey playing the last month with an injured hand.

Fortunate we didn't end up with Michael Craion and Warren Niles as our starting backcourt.

This team was held together with duct tape and bailing wire all season long - we were never as good as our record made us appear.

Well, maybe we were for that one glorious stretch in early January when Domo was nailing all those 3's, but that was it.

Otherwise, it truly was "The Year of Making Sausage".

tmh i just heard the tail end of it and i may be reading too much into it, but it sounded like two guys doing their last postgame together.

Uh-huh. Kind of what I'd heard.

Congratulations on a great year!!

Always kept me checking on the team each week!!

I thought so too.