Nevada

Old Titan

Player Stats:

Hunt (6'8"): 10.3 ppg - 49.6% FG%, 9.8 rpg, 2.4 blocks and 2.8 rebs

Burton (6'1"): 14.9 ppg - 40.4 FG%/37.6 3-pt, 4.3 apg

Story (6'5"): 14.2 ppg - 43.6 FG%/42.1 3-pt, 2.3 apg and 2.9 rebs

Czyz (6'7"): 13.6 ppg - 54.1 FG%/27.5 3-pt, 6.3 rebs and 2.6 to's

Evans (6'8"): 6.9 ppg - 44.4 FG%/39.2 3-pt, 4.9 rebs

TheEagleman thinks that the $10-25 prices for an NIT game is very fair.....tickets will be triple that amount at MSG for the Semi-finals and Finals......of course, lots of difference in the economics between Tulsa and NYC....but still a top notch seat for $25 at an NIT post season game is reasonable.....by the way....did anyone notice our buddy, Jim Burr reffing the Big East Final at MSG last saturday night between Cincinnati and Louisville....this is the same guy who was booted out of the same tournament last year for a couple of horrendous calls in a St. Johns first round game......will wonders never cease?...... |(

I should point out that the $25 tickets are for the Gold Section, on the sides. There are tickets available for as low as $10, while faculty and staff get in for $4 each, and students get in for FREE.

Well, nothing is FREE these days. I'm sure the University will be billed for every ID swiped at $4 per and payment will be sent to the NIT. :D

I bought my 4 $25 tickets (and I could have gotten a faculty ticket for myself). I think of it as another donation to ORU athletics (although, not a tax deductable one).

I assume someone has run the numbers, but it would seem ORU would be better off with cheaper tickets and more people attending. Extra bodies raise concession revenue and lower the heating bill without adding any incremental cost (other than maybe a cleaning crew).

The cheaper tickets (even free tickets) don't translate into more money for the University. Sodexo has the concession rights at The Mabee. You would think that they would pay ORU to give away tickets. Also, the extra bodies only increase the utility costs for the spring-like temperatures we have been having recently in Oklahomer (gotta' start sounding like a New Yorker if we're going to be there in a couple of weeks!). :?:

• Upvote 1

Can we fill up the camera side of the arena so that it looks better on TV? And also have the ushers move anyone in the blue section down to the gold?

Here are the NIT results from last night:

Link

Upsets and near-upsets all across the board last night in NIT play proves the "8-Old-Men" committee really screwed up the seeding process.

Scott Sutton said on talk radio Wednesday that the NIT committee did not reference (for seeding purposes) the "First Four Out/Next Four Out" list made available for EVERYONE immediately following the NCAA selection show. That is inexcusable - those top teams (including ORU, Drexel, etc.) should have been given higher NIT seeds.

Was Nevada in the First Four/Next Four or were they more appropriately seeded?

....by the way....did anyone notice our buddy, Jim Burr reffing the Big East Final at MSG last saturday night between Cincinnati and Louisville....this is the same guy who was booted out of the same tournament last year for a couple of horrendous calls in a St. Johns first round game......will wonders never cease?...... |(

Burr called the Northwestern-Akron NIT game last night in Evanston. Looks terrible - really think it's time he retired.

BTW, Akron was their usual punkish selves the entire game, and several players left the court without shaking hands after their potential game-winning "3" was off the mark in the final seconds. I've now seen them in person once, and twice on TV, and EVERY TIME they have been totally classless...

Anybody else concerned that we have only played 5 games in the past MONTH?

Since Feb. 12th: at IPFW, Akron here, @Southern Utah, and two games in Sioux Falls.

Will we be really rested - or really rusted?

Upsets and near-upsets all across the board last night in NIT play proves the "8-Old-Men" committee really screwed up the seeding process.

Or it proves that the top seeded teams were disinterested and struggled to overcome less talented squads who were actually happy to be there. Which happens every year in the NIT.

The only real upset (seeding-wise) I saw from last night was Iowa over Dayton. Iowa hosted the game because of the First Four being in Dayton.

The two one seeds that struggled, Seton Hall and Washington, both watched the Selection Show thinking they would hear their names called. Those kind of teams always struggle in the NIT.

Overall I didn't see anything inconsistent from what we always see from postseason events that aren't a team's target destination. Has nothing to do with seeding mistakes.

Scott Sutton said on talk radio Wednesday that the NIT committee did not reference (for seeding purposes) the "First Four Out/Next Four Out" list made available for EVERYONE immediately following the NCAA selection show. That is inexcusable - those top teams (including ORU, Drexel, etc.) should have been given higher NIT seeds.

Or it proves that the top seeded teams were disinterested and struggled to overcome less talented squads who were actually happy to be there. Which happens every year in the NIT.

The only real upset (seeding-wise) I saw from last night was Iowa over Dayton. Iowa hosted the game because of the First Four being in Dayton.

The two one seeds that struggled, Seton Hall and Washington, both watched the Selection Show thinking they would hear their names called. Those kind of teams always struggle in the NIT.

Overall I didn't see anything inconsistent from what we always see from postseason events that aren't a team's target destination. Has nothing to do with seeding mistakes.

Hmmmmm . . . Both viewpoints make good points . . . could it be that BOTH are correct? That both seeding AND apathy are at play in the NIT results we've seen so far? Could be . . . :nerd:

Whether or not you're right about disappointment and apathy affecting some teams, you have to admit, BB, that being seeded against a lesser opponent improves your odds of winning.

Whether or not you're right about disappointment and apathy affecting some teams, you have to admit, BB, that being seeded against a lesser opponent improves your odds of winning.

Well sure, of course it does. But I don't think higher-seeded teams former bubble teams struggling in the first round of the NIT is anything to be up in arms about.

Well sure, of course it does. But I don't think higher-seeded teams former bubble teams struggling in the first round of the NIT is anything to be up in arms about.

Only when it hits home, and that's what ORU is facing tonight. As "first team out" of the NCAA Tournament you would have thought we'd receive higher than a 4-seed in the NIT, and been paired up with a more easily beatable team. If ORU struggles tonight, then THAT might be worth being up in arms about! The incongruity of the seeding demonstrates the subjectivity of the whole system.

Technically you are correct about the impact of motivation, but it does seem that the seeding process was a bit slanted towards the Power Six schools. I understand that because they are trying to make the tournament profitable and get more eyeballs to tune in/attend. Seton Hall and Washington struggled because they are bad teams - or at least played poorly at the latter half of the season.

Among the teams seeded ahead of ORU were Dayton, St. Joe's, LaSalle and Drexel. If any bias was involved I think it favored the A-10, not Power 6 schools.

I mean, Seton Hall and Washington were right there with us, thinking they would make the field on Sunday. They each won 20+ games. Seton Hall beat four NCAA Tournament clubs. They deserved high seeds in the NIT. I'm not sure how you can call them "bad teams".

It's the A-10 clubs that screwed us over. But, predictably, the outrage towards our low seed is directed at the evil BCS schools.