Nevada

Old Titan

Game opens in Vegas as ORU -5.5.

Game simulation on WhatIfSports.com came up with ORU 59, Nevada 58.

Though, honestly, I take these computer-generated simulations with a grain of salt: really can't see Steven Roundtree taking 11 shots, much less only making 2 of them.

But, by all indications, it looks like we might be in for another low-scoring grinder - great!! :sweat:

Great success ORU! Would love to see you win your way to MSG! A home game should be the kind of advantage to get the starting W!

Great success ORU! Would love to see you win your way to MSG! A home game should be the kind of advantage to get the starting W!

Thanks, rabidrabbit! I appreciate the well wishes. Good luck to you guys, too!

Game opens in Vegas as ORU -5.5.

Game simulation on WhatIfSports.com came up with ORU 59, Nevada 58.

Though, honestly, I take these computer-generated simulations with a grain of salt: really can't see Steven Roundtree taking 11 shots, much less only making 2 of them.

But, by all indications, it looks like we might be in for another low-scoring grinder - great!! :sweat:

Haha - I hadn't seen this site before - with this, and RPI Forecast, and who-knows-what-other computer simulation sites, pretty soon we won't even need to play games! No need to recruit! Coaches just pick their player characteristics in the off season, submit them to a central clearing house, and the morning after Midnight Madness they will kick out the winner of the NCAA Tournament, and send them a check.

Save a boatload of money that way.

TheEagleman watched the Bracketbuster game between Nevada and Iona a few weeks ago (won by Iona) and that contest was a run and gun affair.....lots of scoring and it was like 46-45 at halftime.....the Wolfpack average about 71 per game and ORU is at about 72.....so I don't see this as a low scoring game unless both teams shoot poorly below 40%......I hope our guys are ready to play and bring the A game....otherwise, Nevada could really give us a rough time.....anybody know what the mental situation is with our guys right now?....are they excited to have this home game against a top mid major or are they still pining over the loss to WIU a week ago tonight?......what kind of crowd can we expect for an 8:15pm tip off at Mabee Center on Wednesday night?.....over 5,000?.... :nerd:

TheEagleman watched the Bracketbuster game between Nevada and Iona a few weeks ago (won by Iona) and that contest was a run and gun affair.....lots of scoring and it was like 46-45 at halftime.....the Wolfpack average about 71 per game and ORU is at about 72.....so I don't see this as a low scoring game unless both teams shoot poorly below 40%......I hope our guys are ready to play and bring the A game....otherwise, Nevada could really give us a rough time.....anybody know what the mental situation is with our guys right now?....are they excited to have this home game against a top mid major or are they still pining over the loss to WIU a week ago tonight?......what kind of crowd can we expect for an 8:15pm tip off at Mabee Center on Wednesday night?.....over 5,000?.... :nerd:

Are you kidding? I know MM is hard at work to fill the Mabee Center for the game, but a Wed. night mid-week game is not ideally suited for the ORU fan base. I'll be very curious to see what kind of crowd we get, but I'm not holding my breath for 5,000. Hope I'm wrong.

Oh yeah....it's Prayer meeting night in Tulsa....TheEagleman thinks that God would surely understand missing one to attend a rare ORU post season NIT home game....in fact, .I suspect that the Good Lord will have a front row seat right near Eddie Sutton...... ;-)

• Upvote 1

By the way....attendence at this game should be mandatory for all students....no ifs....ands....or buts!..... :nerd:

• Upvote 1

Are you kidding? I know MM is hard at work to fill the Mabee Center for the game, but a Wed. night mid-week game is not ideally suited for the ORU fan base. I'll be very curious to see what kind of crowd we get, but I'm not holding my breath for 5,000. Hope I'm wrong.

I would expect an attendance at 3,000 - 5,000 with the late start, school night being detrimental to a good crowd. I know Mike Minyard will work his tail off for a crowd, but sometime even Mike's good looks can't even bring a crowd out! ;-)

With ticket prices ranging from $10 - $25, I hope that we have a plan for moving the fans down after the 12:00 first half timeout; otherwise, the arena may look empty on TV.

I gotta say I was a little surprised at the $25 NIT ticket price. Don't get me wrong: I paid $50 for a ticket to ORU-Kansas, $75 for NCAA tickets at the BOK two years ago, and $100 for Thunder tickets in the upper level, so I get it.

But, just sayin' - $25 per ticket seems a little pricey for the typical ORU crowd.

Wonder how much (all?) of that goes to the NCAA/NIT folks?

At the risk of sounding cheap, I must say I was a little surprised at the $25 ticket price. Don't get me wrong: I've paid $50 for a ticket to ORU-Kansas, and $100 for Thunder tickets, so I get it - but just sayin'...

Wonder how much (all?) of that goes to the NCAA/NIT folks?

You don't sound cheap, OT. I agree completely. I've defended our ticket prices to people who have complained about them all year - I recognize the need for revenue - but I have to agree, $25 is just too much for ORU games.

$25, whoa...how much of that is determined by the NIT?

I should point out that the $25 tickets are for the Gold Section, on the sides. There are tickets available for as low as $10, while faculty and staff get in for $4 each, and students get in for FREE.

I think $25 is just for the middle gold sections. Then the price point drops down to maybe $15 and then to $10 for gold seats on the end sections by the tunnels.

I should also point out that $25 is the cost of those same seats for other high-profile games during the regular season. It's not that that price is necessarily higher than we've seen for other games during the season - it just seems high.

I bought my 4 $25 tickets (and I could have gotten a faculty ticket for myself). I think of it as another donation to ORU athletics (although, not a tax deductable one).

I assume someone has run the numbers, but it would seem ORU would be better off with cheaper tickets and more people attending. Extra bodies raise concession revenue and lower the heating bill without adding any incremental cost (other than maybe a cleaning crew).

Nevada is 26 - 6 overall and 13 - 1 in conference play. Their six losses were:

Missouri State

@UNLV

@BYU

Idaho

@Iona

LA Tech (in conference tournament)

They look like they played several close games and won most of them.

Stats:

FG%: 45.1% - and held opponents to 41.0%

FT%: 64.6%

3-pt FG%: 36.8% - and held opponents to 33.1%

PPG: 70.7

Points per Possession: 1.06

Rebound Margin: +4.0

They are a defensive-minded team that blocks shots and can rebound. They do not appear to be a grind it out type of offensive team though. Need to neutralize or contend with their shot blocker (Hunt) and battle them on the boards.