Re: Who competes with us next season?

ORU Eli

Correct (see above).

And "respectful" is in the eye of the offended, not the offender.

The fact you TOTALLY missed what TMH intended by revisiting your "Wranglers and pick-ups" quote indicates that you are WAY over your head in the give-and-take department:  I'm pretty sure he  repeated it with the "Have you ever been Oklahoma?" comment to highlight that "Wranglers and pick-ups" are near and dear to most folks in The Sooner State, and not something to be disparaged.

Why WOULDN"T someone in South Dakota wear Wranglers and drive a pick-up, anyway? 

Who in their right mind would want to step out of a Porsche wearing Cole Haan's in two feet of snow?

My bad on the "have you ever been to Oklahoma" part.  I originally assumed that is what he meant but since it seemed he took everything else I said the wrong way, I just thought he was confused on that part as well.

Fargobison said what I did, that it will be back in SF in the future but that it will also move around.  How will they do it?  I don't know.  If they strictly stick to a bidding process then SF will be hard to beat, IMHO.  I'm not saying that out of arrogance, I just know the people involved.  The head of the SF Sports Authority is very passionate about the Summit tourney (as well as getting a NCAA Regional Tourney once the new arena is built) and the cooperate sponsors, which step up huge for our local colleges and 4 minor league teams, are firmly on board as well.  The fan interest is huge.  Unlike Tulsa or Indy or Dteroit, the Summit would be the only show in town. 

Our board is slow so I enjoy talking w/ you guys.  If you don't feel the same then just skip over my posts or ignore me. 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

Our board is slow so I enjoy talking w/ you guys.  If you don't feel the same then just skip over my posts or ignore me. 

OK. Will do.

TheEagleman is getting dangerously close to shooting himself....of course, many here would be in favor of that....thank the Lord that I am saved because 24 is on for 2 hours tonight!.... :-D

What would you guys think of Minneapolis as the host for the tournament? If UND gets in there would 50-60,000 alumni from at least the Dakota schools in Minneapolis, and I'm sure the other Summit schools have at least some alumni in the Twin Cities(without a doubt much more than Fargo and Sioux Falls). Minneapolis is also pretty easy to get to and is a great city. I'm not saying it should be the permanent host, it just might be a better alternative than Fargo, Grand Forks, or Sioux Falls.

What would you guys think of Minneapolis as the host for the tournament? If UND gets in there would 50-60,000 alumni from at least the Dakota schools in Minneapolis, and I'm sure the other Summit schools have at least some alumni in the Twin Cities(without a doubt much more than Fargo and Sioux Falls). Minneapolis is also pretty easy to get to and is a great city. I'm not saying it should be the permanent host, it just might be a better alternative than Fargo, Grand Forks, or Sioux Falls.

Probably a decent option; the problem comes in getting the city interested in bidding it.  Without a conference team in close proximity they may not be interested in trying to host it.

Probably a decent option; the problem comes in getting the city interested in bidding it.  Without a conference team in close proximity they may not be interested in trying to host it.

Yeah, it would probably take some nudging from the Dakota schools to get them to bid. It just seems like a better option for all schools than putting it in Fargo or Sioux Falls. If it was done right I think it could draw really well.

• 5 weeks later...

Even though they weren't going to compete with anybody to begin with, four players have transfered from UMKC...

Femi Akinpetide, 6-6, F, Fr., UMKC

Fred Ford, 5-11, G, Fr., UMKC

Reggie Hamilton, 6-0, G, Soph., UMKC

James Humphrey, 6-7, F, Soph., UMKC

Other Summit League Transfer

Matt Samuels, 6-0, G, Fr., Oakland

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

Here is an update of Summit League transfers...

Cory Davis, 5-11, G, Jr., SUU

Mike Josserand, 6-0, G, Soph., SUU

Jake Nielsen, 6-3, SG, Fr., SUU

Gary Redus Jr., 6-6, G, Soph., Centenary

Andre Hardy, 6-6, F, So., ORU

Here is an update of Summit League transfers...

Cory Davis, 5-11, G, Jr., SUU

Mike Josserand, 6-0, G, Soph., SUUJake Nielsen, 6-3, SG, Fr., SUU

Gary Redus Jr., 6-6, G, Soph., Centenary

Andre Hardy, 6-6, F, So., ORU

I'm sure gonna miss McLovin!

Andre Hardy has reportedly landed at Cal State-Fullerton.

Which is likely just the sort of place he was looking for, so good for him I guess.

Transfers On The Move

From the Golden Eagles to the Titans...fitting.

Good luck in baseball country!

"McLovin" from the the movie "Superbad" a couple of years ago:

Superbad.jpg

McLovin.jpg

superbad.jpg

Now, Mike Josserand:

LSOIIZHWAEOHCNC.20080107230237.jpg

2004361926351187259_rs.jpg

Let's face it, the Summit League is soon becoming the Dakotas League, or the High Plains League, or et. al. If we're going to stay in the Summit, we might as well get used to playing the tournament where they want. I say get into the MVC  if at all possible. Playing in a good league and getting a shot at making the tournament is a lot better than playing in a crappy league and being guaranteed to make the . . . . . . . well, last year proved otherwise.

"McLovin" from the the movie "Superbad" a couple of years ago:

Superbad.jpg

McLovin.jpg

superbad.jpg

Now, Mike Josserand:

LSOIIZHWAEOHCNC.20080107230237.jpg

2004361926351187259_rs.jpg

Every time I watch that movie, I laugh harder! "McLovin! Nice!"

I never saw the movie, but I remember the commercials for it, and Josserand was even more of a dead ringer for McLovin in those than the pics show.  Pretty funny.  We'll miss having a "movie star" playing at Mabee Center!!