Re: Who competes with us next season?

ORU Eli

This is pathetic....and that's all TheEagleman has to say on the subject.... :-D

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

So the you know the "Shamwow" guy??? Apparently he was arrested for biting a prostitutes tongue off.... that's much more interesting than this conversation.

Even though they weren't going to compete with anybody to begin with, four players have transfered from UMKC...

Femi Akinpetide, 6-6, F, Fr., UMKC

Fred Ford, 5-11, G, Fr., UMKC

Reggie Hamilton, 6-0, G, Soph., UMKC

James Humphrey, 6-7, F, Soph., UMKC

Other Summit League Transfer

Matt Samuels, 6-0, G, Fr., Oakland

http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/goodmanonfox

Even though they weren't going to compete with anybody to begin with, four players have transfered from UMKC...

Other Summit League Transfer

Matt Samuels, 6-0, G, Fr., Oakland

Are you serious? Brown has to be one the worsts coaches in D1.

Interesting that Matt Samuels is leaving Oakland. He played at Patterson and decommitted from VA before heading to Oakland. I guess he figured he wasn't going to see playing time while Jones was leading the nation in assists.

I can't believe Brown kept his job after this season.

But, they had a heck of a time finding a coach they liked when they hired him in the first place - apparently they don't pay beans, and the entire athletic program is run on a shoestring budget.

Are they accepting ineptitude simply because they can't afford anything better?  :|

That's an interesting list.

Wonder where the two guys from Missouri State will end up?

Wonder if we'll land any of these guys?

It hasn't been officially announced, but Reggie Hamilton has been on Oakland's campus for the past couple of days, and apparently was offered and has agreed to sign.  He would obviously have to sit next year, but then would have 2 years of eligibility for Oakland.

Hamilton led UMKC in assists the past two years (which isn't necessarily saying much), but he can also score and should be a valuable asset for Oakland after Johnathan Jones graduates.  Hence the departure of Matt Samuels.

It hasn't been officially announced, but Reggie Hamilton has been on Oakland's campus for the past couple of days, and apparently was offered and has agreed to sign.  He would obviously have to sit next year, but then would have 2 years of eligibility for Oakland.

Hamilton led UMKC in assists the past two years (which isn't necessarily saying much), but he can also score and should be a valuable asset for Oakland after Johnathan Jones graduates.  Hence the departure of Matt Samuels.

There's no "signing" with transfers:  they get their release from their previous school, enroll in their new school, and sit out a season.

But I imagine he was offered a scholarship, which counts against the team limit of 13, even for the year he sits out.

Fair enough.  Hamilton apparently "agreed" rather than "agreed to sign."  Still a nice development from an Oakland fan's perspective.  I'm only posting it here because it fits with this thread.

Fair enough.  Hamilton apparently "agreed" rather than "agreed to sign."  Still a nice development from an Oakland fan's perspective.  I'm only posting it here because it fits with this thread.

Yep.  Wish I could say I remember Hamilton, but honestly I don't - they were just so bad!  :-P

Hamilton is a nice player.... he quit the team mid-season and I'm not sure we saw him this year. He is a nice addition for Oakland. We could have used him.

Most leagues have a rule that intra-conference transfers must sit out two years..... not the Summit League evidently.

That was exactly what I was thinking transferring in your league, normally you have to sit out for two years.  Anyone know the rule for sure for the Summit?

• 2 weeks later...

oh hilarious thread.

please oh please get the BUNNY TURD fans back on this thread and talk about how their "illustriuos" mens bball team got thrown totally on the back burner for years thanks to the womens bball team.

my god, womens' bball!!!  ha ha...  stay classy brookings!!!

I think I get what 89 was trying to say.  SDSU has a proud history.  Granted, all our of success has been at the D2 level, but it finally feels like we're turning the corner at the D1 level.  Plagued by injuries, transfers, etc, it's been a hard road so far. 

I guess what I am getting at is we have had success at SDSU before.  Frost Arena has been packed and we know what it feels like to be winners.  We've taken our lumps but everyone just felt it was a matter of time before we continued our winning ways at the next level (the D1 level).  This upcoming year we return everybody, plus add 4 very solid recruits, get a mid-season transfer for the whole year and bring 2 promising kids off redshirts.  I'm not saying we are top two, but a third place finish is probable. 

SDSU:

21 Conference Championships

Before the move to D1 we won 20+ games 8 out of 9 years. 

We were 210-59 the 9 years under current coach Nagy until joining D1.

We are 401-108 at Frost Arena all-time (opened in 1973)....including a 201-30 record against non-conference opponents.

Before the move to D1 we had 2 losing seasons in the previous 22 years and the last losing season was 1989.

By the way, it's nice to be here.  I look forward to learning more about your school and talking hoops w/ you guys.  I understand I'm a visitor so the respect will always be there.

A thread discussing your new recruits is on our board at www.sdsufans.com  Scroll down to the Summit section.

Peace.