Re: Who competes with us next season?

ORU Eli

I agree with SDSUJacks on one point. SDSU will be one of if not THE most improved team in The Summit next season.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SDSUJacks

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

Well thanks for you guys who understand I'm not on here saying SDSU basketball is, was or will be the greatest thing since tee-pee.  I just want to talk a little hoops...and for those those who think SDSU is a joke to show you that we do indeed have a proud past and plan to put a good product on the floor, every year. 

We're just thrilled to be in a conference and look forward to pulling our weight.

The same cannot be said for NDSU.  They feel that since their once-in-a-lifetime class, recruited by a coach who is now at Colorado State, won the Summit, ever so slightly both in regular season and postseason, that they will own the conference every year.  The arrogance in Fargo is very high....for no other reason that that's all Fargo has.  Have you guys ever been to Fargo?  Ya......

But let me tell you this - if you come on to an ORU board and talk SDSU basketball, you'll probably get a reaction.  It just works out that way.

We have one of yours on our board and he's treated with respect.  It just works out THAT way.

We have one of yours on our board and he's treated with respect.  It just works out THAT way.

I really didn't have time to check WAY back, but the only ORU fan I found posting on your board was Golden Eagle, who made a one-sentence post that was relevant to the discussion taking place.  You can read it and the response to it here if you want.  The exchange starts at post #46, about six down from the top.  SDSUJacks, if you find derogatory remarks about our faith and our founder, in addition to calling the integrity of our athletic department into question, to be respectful, then we must define the word differently.

Pretty good pts on most things SDJacks. Your team should be a top 4 next from what i hear and looks like you have great fan support.

Appreciate you coming on board and yes you are going to take a little grief but come back and discuss stuff anytime.

Like to see different fans on here and good to see basketball talk in May.

I have little or no problem with several fans of other schools who come on here occasionally to discuss specific issues regarding their teams, and how that relates to ORU athletics.

I suffer poorly those fools who choose instead to recklessly run their school-colored boxers up the ORU Message Board flagpole and expect me to salute.

Keep your D-II accomplishments, your Chamber of Commerce propaganda, and your Nordic feud with NDSU on your own boards, will ya?

And memo to LakesBison:  there's a reason your shrink prescribed all those pills. 

Be sure to take them as instructed, especially when going out and dealing with the public.

And stay away from heavy machinery.  :-o

Pretty good pts on most things SDJacks. Your team should be a top 4 next from what i hear and looks like you have great fan support.

Appreciate you coming on board and yes you are going to take a little grief but come back and discuss stuff anytime.

Like to see different fans on here and good to see basketball talk in May.

I appreciate it.  Like you guys, I'm passionate about my school/team.  I know that rubs some people the wrong way or puts you on the defensive, but I also take pride in being a rational and also respectful fan. 

For the record I was over on our board butting heads w/ our people about your recriting class.  (I think DB-H and McClintock are outstanding gets for you guys)

I would like to see a rundown on your squad for next year.  I know of your incoming recruits and the loss of Jarvis and Sango and the 6'6 kid who transfered (why did he leave and where did he go?) but who will replace them (what's your rotation?)

Also, what is your status for the Summit Tourney?  I hear there are like three places placing bids, are you guys one of them?  Do you want to keep it at Tulsa Union (is that where it was?) or is there any other place you can move it (places that can sell beer!)? 

I really didn't have time to check WAY back, but the only ORU fan I found posting on your board was Golden Eagle, who made a one-sentence post that was relevant to the discussion taking place.  You can read it and the response to it here if you want.  The exchange starts at post #46, about six down from the top.  SDSUJacks, if you find derogatory remarks about our faith and our founder, in addition to calling the integrity of our athletic department into question, to be respectful, then we must define the word differently.

Very well said TMH.

I guess the Dakotas are where we were ten years ago in conference experience.  It appears we are their Valpo.

As to the jab at Union HS facilities...They have NO IDEA. They are talking pure smack.......

TheEagleman is enjoying all this smack talk....how much fun is it gonna be when we give SDSU a couple of poundings next season...by the way, was reading in the paper the other day that SDSU will be representing the Summit League in the Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands next November...they drew Purdue in round 1.....that won't be pretty..... :-P

Anyone know if all of the players are on campus - attending summer school? If so, I imagine they are playing some regular pick up games in the Mabee Center or AC. We all would appreciate any observation anyone might make of the players - if you happen to catch a glimpse of them playing.

I know for a fact that Hunter McClintock is here - haven't heard any reports of his play, though.

I saw many of them (Ford, Morrison, among others) moving from EMR to Wesley last weekend while moving some students out of the dorm so they should be playing each night in the Aerobic Center (my guess).

They won't be playing at the AC for a couple of weeks because of all the renovations. The court is being repaired and the halls are getting new tile and the bathrooms are getting a make over.  We are closed to the public this week. Take from DRCLEAN.  :-D This Place will have different look on about the 18th. :-D A whole lot of work is going on at the AC.

:-)

They won't be playing at the AC for a couple of weeks because of all the renovations. The court is being repaired and the halls are getting new tile and the bathrooms are getting a make over.  We are closed to the public this week. Take from DRCLEAN.  :-D This Place will have different look on about the 18th. :-D A whole lot of work is going on at the AC.

:-)

Thanks for sharing. Any chance you could post some pics of the changes?

I guess the Dakotas are where we were ten years ago in conference experience.  It appears we are their Valpo.

As to the jab at Union HS facilities...They have NO IDEA. They are talking pure smack.......

1.) Yes, we are where you were 10 years ago.  We are new to D1 and to the Summit.  I have never proclaimed we are anything other than what we are at the D1 level.  We need to earn our respect at the D1 level and we look forward to doing just that.  I have alot of pride in our D2 accomplishments.  That irks some on here as they, for whatever reason, feel their school is more of a big deal than it really is at the D1 level.  Which of us is being realistic?  I suppose me talking about our D2 accomplishments would be like a ORU fan going on a Tarheel message board talking about how you've made 3 NCAA tourneys?  In regards to NDSU (the other Dakota school) did you, 10 years ago, make the Big Dance in your first year eligible and make the defending champ sweat out a close win? 

2.)  You are right, we have no idea about the Union High facilities.  I do know that they have one helluva a football program and football facility.  I know people associated w/ the Kansas football program and know Scott Webb was from Union.  I also know the Union facility can't sell beer, and that stinks.  The beer sales in SF were high...or at least the longs were long!  Up here, all we heard about the Summit Tourney was that it was held in a HS gym down there.  I agree, that is unfair as we all up here view HS gyms as 1,000 seat venues.  On the other hand, I did watch the Summit Tourney final the last two years and was less than impressed.  There is little question that, despite the facility, Sioux Falls, was possibly the most impressive Summit tourney ever.  And that is despite bad weather all weekend and a blizzard on Championship day that closed the interstate and prevented many of our Fargo friends from making the 4 hour journey.  And it will only get bigger and better in Sioux Falls.  In the future SF will have a new state-of-the-art arena (modeled after the Qwest Center in Omaha) and the addition of USD and eventually UND will nearly double the Summit Tourney attendance and triple the passion.  I know you think we're a bunch of eskimos, but we love our hoops up here. 

I appreciate the dialogue.