TW: ORU lands basketball commitment (Hunter McClintock)

ORUTerry

Speaking of white country boys... I just saw rotnei at the mall in his arkansas basketball shirt... ugh

Guess that's what you do when you're not playing basketball at the end of the season!  :roll:

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• Dr. Cornelius

• darrenj

New Hampton Prep played (and lost) The Patterson School on February 8th - the score was 58 to 72. Damen Bell-Holter did not play. How interesting would it have been to have both ORU recruits playing each other?

New Hampton comes up short against Patterson, 58-72

NHS' varsity A basketball team was defeated by the Patterson School, who is ranked #1 nationally, 58-72.  Due to the absence of Damen Bell-Holter for the third straight game, it was difficult for the HUSKIES to compete as frontline players Chris Gaston and Evan Smotrycz watched from the bench with three fouls each in the first half.  While Gaston and Smotrycz sat the Bulldogs were able to stretch a 6 point lead to 12 by halftime.  Foul trouble was compounded by shooting a wretched 5-20 from the floor in the first half.

Gaston and Smotrycz scored 17 and 13 points respectively.  In the second half the HUSKIES competed hard but were never able to get closer than 6 points. 

NHS will travel to Wolfboro, NH to take on Class A Champs Brewster Academy Wednesday evening.

New Hampton Prep played (and lost) The Patterson School on February 8th - the score was 58 to 72. Damen Bell-Holter did not play. How interesting would it have been to have both ORU recruits playing each other?

New Hampton comes up short against Patterson, 58-72

NHS' varsity A basketball team was defeated by the Patterson School, who is ranked #1 nationally, 58-72.  Due to the absence of Damen Bell-Holter for the third straight game, it was difficult for the HUSKIES to compete as frontline players Chris Gaston and Evan Smotrycz watched from the bench with three fouls each in the first half.  While Gaston and Smotrycz sat the Bulldogs were able to stretch a 6 point lead to 12 by halftime.  Foul trouble was compounded by shooting a wretched 5-20 from the floor in the first half.

Gaston and Smotrycz scored 17 and 13 points respectively.  In the second half the HUSKIES competed hard but were never able to get closer than 6 points. 

NHS will travel to Wolfboro, NH to take on Class A Champs Brewster Academy Wednesday evening.

That would be AWSOME!!!    :lol:

Pardon my late reaction to the news, and to save being redundant I'll just say that I agree with most of everyone's excitement about our potential recruit. I noticed in his interview he mentioned Elon as a strong possibility. For those that aren't familiar with the school, Elon is a very small Presbyterian-based college in North Carolina. That alone tells me a lot about the type of kid he is. The fact that he is STARTING at Patterson says even more about his ability. I'm sure he'll have to adjust to the learning curve like all freshman, but kids coming from a schools like Patterson, Montross Christian, Oak Hill Academy, etc are always a lot further along than their counterparts. With ORU being a mid-major, I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting significant minutes as a freshman.

Good points VC. I was interested to see what you thought about this.

Hopefully they can get 1 more for the spring as still looking for a  combo forward to help with next year.

If we could get a Juan Patillo or Larry Owens "type" - a long, rangy guy with at least some offensive skills - we would be doing great.

But I guess everyone is looking for that "type", aren't they?  :-D

It would be great to get an atletic, 6'7" wing player... Especially from high school so we can have him on campus for four years.

Yep i think Brooks keeps those for himself and the Aussie pipeline has all gone out west the St. Mary's and those type of schools!

Yep i think Brooks keeps those for himself and the Aussie pipeline has all gone out west the St. Mary's and those type of schools!

Southern Utah signed 2 players from the Australian Institute of Sport. Both 6'10". Hopefully they are projects and not Bogut types.

I saw Rotnei at the mall yesterday too lol

What's the deal - is he working at Orange Julius over spring break?

Helping corral passers-by for the obnoxious girls working the hand lotion kiosk outside The Apple Store?

Signing autographs with Billy Sims at the Sports FanAttic? 

(There's a tough get:  I think you can actually get a Billy Sims autograph with every rib platter purchased at one of his restaurants.)