TW: ORU lands basketball commitment (Hunter McClintock)

ORUTerry

Showtime!

the guy is a nice interview.  It will be great to anchor the team with a good point guard again.

I'm obviously confused....

Is this guy a true point guard?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• Dr. Cornelius

• darrenj

I'm obviously confused....

Is this guy a true point guard?

Although I believe that he is a combo guard, I believe that we plan to use him as a point guard.  In looking through his material, this guy seems to deliver, dish it, and even cleans up after himself.

Can he hit an open 3 and can he feed the post? These are the things ORU needs next year.

Looks like he can do both!!

Will be a good addition to the team!

Although I believe that he is a combo guard, I believe that we plan to use him as a point guard.  In looking through his material, this guy seems to deliver, dish it, and even cleans up after himself.

WHat kid does that :?

Can he hit an open 3 and can he feed the post? These are the things ORU needs next year.

Looks like he can do both!!

Will be a good addition to the team!

Bingo - exactly the two biggest things we have struggled with all year.

As we have all mentioned.... the best thing is that he will be a 4 year starter. Plenty of time to get acclimated to D-1 basketball. Our needs for next year are: 1. a solid point guard who can distribute the ball - especially into the post  2. someone who can hit an open jumper/3-point shot  3. someone who can drive to the basket

To put some reality into perspective here, I did read a box score that came up in a Google search last night on this kid and his stats from a game with Patterson earlier this season were very human-like:  16 minutes, 1-6 from the field, 3-4 from the free throw line, 5 total points with three rebounds, 1 assist and 3 turnovers. 

I'm sure that Hunter is very good (as shown from his videos) and once he gets to know his teammates and acclimates to the speed of D-1, he will be a great addition to Scott Sutton's system (i.e., not doing too much on his own, passing three times before looking for a shot, etc.), but in the meantime, let's get our expectations in line with a freshman coming in from Prep school, give the kid a chance to be a kid and enjoy his development as a Golden Eagle - what say you?

Here is a thread from CatsPause.com on Hunter from 2/20/09. A lot of the fans there seem sold on Hunter's abilities. Pretty rare for UK fans to agree on the sky being blue let alone on a recruit.

whoa!!!

We do all realize that those videos of the kid are HIGHLIGHT videos right.  It shows that mom and dad did a good job of putting their son out there to gain interest. 

Like was stated earlier...there could probably be a Lowlight video put together if someone wanted. 

Although he may be a great addition to the team, we have no idea How good he may end up becoming. 

Sorry, but last Saturday night is still stinging and I'm not ready to be upbeat about the coming year(s).

Here is a thread from CatsPause.com on Hunter from 2/20/09. A lot of the fans there seem sold on Hunter's abilities. Pretty rare for UK fans to agree on the sky being blue let alone on a recruit.

It's amazing how this kid has already caused such a stir on here.

What is it about country boy guards with mad skills and debatable athleticism that gets us all so riled up?

Add the name "Hunter McClintock" to the "Rotnei Clarke/Keiton Page/Lane Adams" pantheon, which I believe was originally founded by Indiana school boy phenom Damon Bailey about 20 years ago.

Sure, the videos could be deceiving but he couldn't have put up the numbers he did in North Carolina 4a without some skill.

Or play for the Patterson School either.

I am not saying he is the greatest player ever - or even better than some of the players we have had on campus the last few years. I just want a point guard who can dribble penetrate and distribute the ball down low to our post players. If he can shoot - that is extra. And he will be a 4-year player. Lot's of time to learn and complete his game.

Or play for the Patterson School either.

I am not saying he is the greatest player ever - or even better than some of the players we have had on campus the last few years. I just want a point guard who can dribble penetrate and distribute the ball down low to our post players. If he can shoot - that is extra.

Exactly.

I don't think you will be doubling down off of him in games and with Pearson next year should put ORU in good shape at the point.

my friends and i were watching these highlight videos.... it takes a lot to make someone fall... never had a guy in HS or at ORU make me fall... i had to guard Kevin, Kyron, and JD a few times... never fell though :mrgreen:

when he's "signed.sealed and deliveresd" then i'll be enthusiastic i really hope it happenens

I wonder if the kid has visited campus... Or if he is coming sometime between now and April 15th?