TW: ORU lands basketball commitment (Hunter McClintock)

ORUTerry

I think Holdman will be in the rotation this year as he has improved greatly in the off season.

Pearson, Hunter and Stokes will get the majority of the minutes at the guard positions i would think.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• Dr. Cornelius

• darrenj

It is good news to hear that Holdman has worked hard to improve over the off season. Do you think that Mile will be red-shirted?

Hey Darren...how about Beloved Rogers?...what are your thoughts?.... ;)

Eagleman,

Really tight for minutes in the backcourt. Pearson, McClintock, Stokes and Holdman are all playing very well right now.

Barring injuries and foul trouble, this will likely be the standard backcourt rotation, with Rogers inserted for brief spurts and mop-up duty. Niles would appear to be a strong redshirt prospect, as additional playing time would be very limited.

The exciting part of this rotation is that all four are capable of playing the point, if necessary (although Stokes is definitely more suited to the 2 role). This also means that defenses won't be able to key on the point guard as the only player able to penetrate and/or dish, as McClintock and Stokes can either drain the three or drive to the hoop. This rotation could really present some match-up challenges for defenses, especially in the Summit. :rock:

Someone told me at the dinner last night that Niles is looking very good in practice and can really shoot the ball. They said that he is more of a '3" and he will play on the wing if needed. I did not get the idea they are thinking of red-shirting him.

It sure is good to have excess rather than disparity in the back court, but I can't help but feel sorry for Beloved if he only ends up getting mop-up minutes. I met him briefly last year and he was a real nice guy...After watching him at the Centenary game in Shreveport I remember thinking he'd be a starter by his Junior year. I guess that's just the nature of the beast - if you want to play, you have to step up.