• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bballmangc

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• TrueBlue82

Oregon St (13-17) in the CBI?....unbelieveable.....oh, late bulletin....Centenary is also hosting a game.... :|

On an unrelated note, when I went to www.goshockers.com to see the Wichita announcement, I saw that the baseball team is selling a mini-pack of seven games, including Long Beach State, Nebraska, Oral Roberts, Creighton and Kansas State.  Nice to be included in such company....

With as fierce as the competition has been between the two teams in recent years, they've got to love/hate seeing us on the schedule.  Those games are always great games.  When was the last time we played the Shockers at home, though??  I think they've been rained out the last three years in a row.  (Of course we made up for not playing them at home by BEATING them 12-0 in Wichita!!)

ORU is NOT in the collegeinsider.com postseason tournament field, but Oakland is, and will play Kent State on Tuesday.

Tuesday March 17

Rider (19-12) @ Liberty (22-11)

Kent State (19-14) @ Oakland (22-12)

Wednesday March 18

The Citadel (20-12) @ Old Dominion (21-10)

Mount St. Mary’s (19-13) @ James Madison (19-14)

Austin Peay (19-13) @ Bradley (18-14)

Belmont (19-12) @ Evansville (17-13)

Portland (19-12) @ Pacific (19-11)

Drake (17-5) @ Idaho (16-15)

http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/schedule.html

I'm thinking that the CBI is having trouble finding teams that are willing to pony up $60K to cover the guarantee.  It will be interesting to see how long it's going to take them to get 16 teams to accept their offer.  The collegeinsider.com bounty is much more affordable and probably indicative of their being able to field their teams sooner.