Re: CBI/College Insider Projection

TrueBlue82

The Bracket Project is projecting the following 32 teams to be selected for the CBI or Collegeinsider.com tournaments:

Akron, Alabama, Arkansas-Little Rock, Boise State, Bradley, Buffalo, Duquesne, Evansville, Fairfield, Georgia Tech, Houston, Iowa, La Salle, Miami (Ohio), Mississippi, Mississippi State, Nevada, North Carolina State, Northeastern, Oakland, Old Dominion, Oral Roberts, Portland, Seton Hall, St. John's, St. Joseph's, Texas Tech, UTEP, Vermont, Virginia, Wright State, Wyoming

Is this feasible?  Is this desirable?  Has the team already turned in their gear - and turned their minds to the off-season?  Hmmm.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bballmangc

• tmh8286

• Old Titan

• TrueBlue82

No. These tournaments are basically a ponzi scheme.

Oh man.  Get ready to hear it from Gold if we get offered and accept CBI!!! :-o

Are you sure? Haven't they gone through enough disappointment? Wasn't there enough on the line the last few times they played and yet they lost? Why should anything change now? It's over and done for the season. Let it rest.

ON the other hand, maybe I'm feeling that I have had enough disappointment for one season. I don't know if I can gather enough hope in a victory anywhere. I mean, we just finished losing to the 7th seed in the Summit. What kind of damage could we do to Summit reputation if we lose in the CBI as well.

My gut feeling is that the CBI truly seems like a tournament for losers. I guess after being a one-bid conference for so long, it's hard adjusting to the fact that even teams that don't win their league/conference go on to post-season.

Still blue, but in more ways than one. :cry:

Oh man.  Get ready to hear it from Gold if we get offered and accept CBI!!! :-o

I begrudgingly agree with Mike - take it if we get it.

As for Gold, only time will tell but TU needs to do a lot to get to the NCAA tourney. If it doesn't work out perfectly, they may join us in one of these post seasons tournaments.

I'm not too familiar with the CBI - is this NIT leftovers? If it is, forget it.

It may not be something to get excited about as fans.  But with our team, shouldn't we be looking for any chance to get back on the floor and improve?  I think any extra games would only benefit us.  We will still get better focused practices and a good turn from just playing pickup against the same guys if we didn't go?

I guess it would be a good way to get some extra court time in, but I don't plan to get too raptured out about being "chosen". :-(

It is what it is - an opportunity for the team to play basketball, and the seniors to get one last series of games (hopefully) before their college careers are over. 

If you keep it in the proper perspective - it's by no means a replacement for the Dance - the positives probably outweigh any negatives in playing.  It's not where we want to be, but it's fun being back on the court.

Ask TU about the CBI. Whatever they thought of it going in, they won the darn thing and it gave them priceless additional experience going into this year.  Ford, Dominique, Hardy and Stokes need to play together as much as possible and this beats any other alternative.

Jarvis, Lewis and Sango would love to put that uniform on one more time without question and despite what most think, they deserve it!

It is what it is - an opportunity for the team to play basketball, and the seniors to get one last series of games (hopefully) before their college careers are over. 

If you keep it in the proper perspective - it's by no means a replacement for the Dance - the positives probably outweigh any negatives in playing.  It's not where we want to be, but it's fun being back on the court.

Ask TU about the CBI. Whatever they thought of it going in, they won the darn thing and it gave them priceless additional experience going into this year.  Ford, Dominique and Stokes need to play together as much as possible and this beats any other alternative.

Jarvis, Lewis and Sango would love to put that uniform on one more time without question and despite what most think, they dererve it.

Agree totally...

Ask TU about the CBI. Whatever they thought of it going in, they won the darn thing and it gave them priceless additional experience going into this year.  Ford, Dominique and Stokes need to play together as much as possible and this beats any other alternative.

Jarvis, Lewis and Sango would love to put that uniform on one more time without question and despite what most think, they dererve it.

Great post.

I have to say, I have done a lot of making fun regarding tu's win of the "leftovers series championship", but right now this team needs time together on the court to build confidence.  It also could give us a chance to play another game at the Magnificient Mabee Center..  It is similar to football, if you are invited to the "Puke in your Sister's Flower Pot bowl" and you are young, or have a few seniors you want to honor you go.  We Need to go!

Even if we were to play in the CBI or whatever they calling themselves this year who's to say we would recieve a home game? Valpo didn't last year. They had to go on the road to Washington. It's all a matter of how much you're willing to pay out to the Gazelle Group. Not worth it.