ORU vs SDSU

MrsSmith

we played poorly and let them hang around and got beat in OT, no other excuses but our poor play

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• bballmangc

• OKC Eagle

• ORUTerry

we played poorly and let them hang around and got beat in OT, no other excuses but our poor play

Ummm our coaching?

Guys, I agree that the officiating was seriously suspect, but how can you expect to win with the foul-shooting that we exhibited and the poor percentage from the field. We lost this one, plain and simple.

Yes, hard to blame the refs for 1-16 from the 3 point line, including a bunch of open looks.  I seriously hope we are adding a shooter or two next year.

Congratulations to SDSU for keeping the game close and getting it done.  Good luck against OU on Monday night.

Ummm our coaching?

Blame the coaches for our 1-16 from 3 and our poor free throw %?

Yes, and everytime we got the ball back, they would have immediately fouled us.  There was time for 3 or 4 exchanges, and we weren't exactly winning the FT shooting contest.

Anyway, either not fouling on the layup or making sure we fouled hard enough that they couldn't make the layup would have accomplished the same thing.

Good point.  Better to try to stop them.  Especially the way we were playing defense.

Anyone think we have a shot at an NIT bid?  I think we have less than a 20% chance....unfortunately

Blame the coaches for our 1-16 and poor free throw %?

I just think different lineups should have been used. Look at the number Jarvis put up (or didn't).

I respectfully disagree Senior (thanks for sending the hoody, it arrived today).  NDSU has had a good season.  They won their bracketbuster.  Probably stands the best chance of representing the conference well.  I won't get bent out of shape if they win this thing.  Oakland on the other hand....

There are as many NDSU fans on here right now as there are ORU fans.

I'd say good luck to you guys from here on out!  You've had a wonderful season, and the story of your team is what makes sports so much fun for so many people.  If you win the tournament championship, I know you'll represent the conference well in the NCAA tournament.

Congrats to the Bison and the Jackrabbits today for a couple of really great wins.

program defining moment for a young team. we have NO shot at an NIT bid

Personally I don't want so NDSU or Oakland...or Ron Hunter and IUPUI for that matter to win it.  I'm rooting for the rest of the field!

I just think different lineups should have been used. Look at the number Jarvis put up (or didn't).

You want the coaches to bench our leading scorer?  For who? Sango had already fouled out...