• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oruvoice

• Mike Minyard

• ORUTerry

• bballmangc

Good point voice... NDSU has never been anything.

And, after losing everyone (practically) from this year's team, they'll be middle of the league pack, at best, next year.

NDSU...NIT appearances - 0. NCAA appearances - 0.

No. They are NOWHERE near Valpo.

True... true... horrible comparison.

Just got off the phone with people "in the know".

I FULLY stand behind my prediction of 9,000+ in the Mabee Center tomorrow night. Realistic chance of a complete sellout!

Get your tickets today or FIRST thing tomorrow morning. Mabee Center ticket office opens at 10am and get INSIDE the buliding EARLY. It is going to be a MADHOUSE in the Mabee Center lobby at 6pm tomorrow night.

...the Mabee Center (at near capacity), is one of the LOUDEST/MOST IMPOSING home court adantages ANYWHERE.

If/when we get ROLLING on Saturday night, you will feel something inside the Mabee Center not seen in over a decade! I saw the Arkansas Razorbacks LITERALLY get SWALLOWED up by that buliding back in the mid-90's.

The only word to desrcibe it was DEAFENING. I lost a portion of my hearing that night...

True that:  one of the few arenas (old Gallagher, old Barnhill) where I have heard noise so loud it crackled, like a lightning bolt striking.  :-o

It's because of the cantilever roof:  low ceiling means big noise, unlike these new basketball "domes" at places like North Carolina or Arkansas, where the sound of 20,000+ can get lost way up in the rafters.

I just received a call from Scott Sutton (recorded) inviting me to attend the game tomorrow night. I actually received three calls - one at work, one on my cell phone and one on my Blackberry.

The phone call thing is hit and miss.  We call the phone numbers that season ticket holder provided us, but sometimes there are some problems when the message gets left on voicemail.  It doesn't always get the full message.  Some people get it all and some people miss out on the beginning of the message.  I guess it's not a fool proof product yet.

Hopefully it helps make sure that people use their tickets for this game.

Had the opportunity to visit live line with MM this afternoon about several exciting things, and it sounds like the old "pack the park" or "Mob the Mabee" concept may play out pretty well for us on Saturday night.  I just hope folks pick up tickets early and don't wait until 6:45 PM on Saturday evening to show up at the ticket windows.  The Mabee Center lobbies don't handle lines too well and with the escalators in play, it could make for a SLOW arriving crowd.  Take away, if you plan to attend, show up EARLY to beat those that don't plan ahead.

Now, as much as we'd all LOVE to see a near capacity crowd in the Mabee Center on Saturday night, I honestly feel it'll be fantastic if even the GOLD sections are full (5,000 actual attendance) and perhaps another couple of thousand folks sitting up in the BLUE for this game.  An actual attendance (paid, comped, credentialed, etc.) of 7,000 breathing humans would be an absolutely terrific result IMHO.  Again, we'd all love to see a full house on Saturday, but using the words "SELL" out feels like we're setting ourselves (and specifically MM) up to fail.  :|

Making modest promises and then delivering bigger than expected results seems to play well most of the time.  :wink:

Amen.

I realize a lot of tickets are out there in circulation, but the key is:  will they get used?

I would love to have a crowd similar to the UMKC "Retro Uni's" night, or the Utah State & Creighton BracketBuster games - those were solid 7,000-8,000 fan crowds.

And, yes, before anyone else notices the irony:  it would be nice to also win the game before crowds like that!  :roll:

Amen.

I realize a lot of tickets are out there in circulation, but the key is:  will they get used?

I would love to have a crowd similar to the UMKC "Retro Uni's" night, or the Utah State & Creighton BracketBuster games - those were solid 7,000-8,000 fan crowds.

And, yes, before anyone else notices the irony:  it would be nice to also win the game before crowds like that!  :roll:

Agreed hopefully we sell extra tickets to fill for people that don't use theirs

Look Bison...WE are the CHAMPS. 4-time defending regular season champs. 3 straight NCAA tourneys. More NCAA & NIT appearances than the ENTIRE CONFERENCE COMBINED! WE WILL BEAT YOU DOWN TOMORROW! The Mabee Center and the ORU nation will SHOOT ARROWS through your fat Bison hide and then we will feed on your rotting carcasses!

Congrats on your "share" of the conference title. Saturday you will learn humility at the hands of the REAL CHAMPS! Just hope that IPFW can beat SUU, so you can enjoy the NIT. Otherwise, you can get your golf clubs out of the garage and start preparing for your spring yard work!

I love it.  That is high quality, respectful smack.  Sounds like Voice is channeling theeagleman.  Or maybe its been the other way around this whole time.

If/when we get ROLLING on Saturday night, you will feel something inside the Mabee Center not seen in over a decade! I saw the Arkansas Razorbacks LITERALLY get SWALLOWED up by that buliding back in the mid-90's.

The only word to desrcibe it was DEAFENING. I lost a portion of my hearing that night...

That may be the funnest game I have been to.  It was Fall 1995, I think around Thanksgiving.  There was a Valpo game earlier this decade that came close to that noise level as ORU came from behind to win at the end.  Even when attendance is down, the Mabee Center can get loud.  Its often a factor of getting the bodies to yell, not just getting the bodies in the seats.

I was surprised, for the number that were in attendance last night, at how loud it got in the last four minutes, when the game was on the line.

Too bad we couldn't have provided the boys with more "inspiration" earlier than that.

I'll pull up another memory of the noise level possible in the Mabee Center - the first ten minutes of the televised Utah State white-out BracketBuster game.  The noise during the early going of that game was deafening.  Unfortunately, both the crowd and the team settled down after the initial adrenaline rush :| . . .

9,000+. And I'm telling you, because MANY of you young pups have never experienced it, but the Mabee Center (at near capacity), is one of the LOUDEST/MOST IMPOSING home court adantages ANYWHERE.

Happened to the Pokes too...in the same season ('96-'97) and to TU the year before that (Dec '95)

You're right voice, as "comfortable" as the Mabee Center is with its cushion theatre style seats and perfect sight lines from all 10,575 seats to watch basketball, the building was made for "sound" so when it's full it does get loud.  I'm hoping regardless of how or why folks get tickets, to see at legit 7,000+ there tomorrow night that get loud and make it feel "uncomfortable" for our visitors.    :evil:

I'm so into the whole wear navy blue theme for this game, I wore variation of navy blue suits or sport coats all week for work and now that I'm at home chillin here on Friday afternoon I put on a navy blue shirt and sweat pants.  8-)