Sellout Saturday Night?

oruvoice

OK Minyard. Going to be a busy week for you. Sell them tickets, baby!

And, to our regulars AND students/maniacs.....get to the games and IN YOUR SEATS early this week. Going to a sporting event and being in your seat 30 minutes before tip-off is not a sin!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oruvoice

• Mike Minyard

• ORUTerry

• bballmangc

Started getting busy for the NDSU game last week.  I'm really looking forward to doing everything possible to get a sellout on Saturday. We've even found a way to make some additional tickets available in case we do sell out of tickets.

Just make sure to wear blue to the game.

I'm going to do my best to make sure that our fans understand the expectations: wear blue, arrive early, and be loud!

It's great that we have the bobbleheads for this game.

I'm expecting a crowd similar to our first "White Out" crowd in 2007 against Utah State.

Get ready!

It would also help if all of us burned up the sports talk radio this week even if you don't enjoy it.  We need all the "media" help we can get since there wont be a lot of traditional advertising for this game.

I've been talking up the Saturday game to everyone I know that I think might be interested in going.  Got to fill the Mabee!

Mike, as repetitive as this question might be, I still have to ask it. How is this game being televised on Saturday night? I have to try to organize a watch party up here. There are not too many former ORU students around here and the ones that are are ladies, but I'm going to get a few friends to watch this game. Where can I find it? I will probably have to make the rounds of a few bars to try to set something up. I will need a big screen for this one.

Chances are that the game will be on DirecTV channel 617 (or maybe 615).  I'm trying to get that confirmed ASAP.

I'll make sure to post it as soon as I can do it.

Are we tailgating?

Yes...

Tailgate in the Northwest parking lot of the Mabee Center starting at 4 p.m.

That is the parking lot right off of Lewis and it hosts the Mabee Center marquee.

There is some parking that is reserved for the Champions Club.  It's the first row of parking spaces on the north side.  They SHOULD be blocked off before people start tailgating.  Please do not park in those spaces.

It looks like we are going to get the word out on campus with flyers, campus e-mail, and campus voicemail.

The faculty are being sent a PowerPoint slide (that I've attached below) that they will show in their classes to let students know about the game.

And there is the REAL key....students.

If the students "role" out...a FULL HOUSE is possible.

Either way, a MINIMUM of 8,000-9,000 on Saturday night is VERY realistic. I can't wait!!!

Not to change the subject - but if we don't take care of business on Thursday, this could all be for naught. The team needs to keep its focus on the next game. I know the coaches will keep the players attention.

Hey, I know what you're talking about Terry.  Staying focused on the next game is the job of coaches and players.  Fans, media, and marketing are fortunate that they may look ahead because it's fun.

And there is the REAL key....students.

If the students "role" out...a FULL HOUSE is possible.

Either way, a MINIMUM of 8,000-9,000 on Saturday night is VERY realistic. I can't wait!!!

It will be very intersting to see how the students respond.  Hopefully they wear blue and are enthusiastic about the game (especially if they realize it is for 1st place)

I rescind my earlier post...

Looks like a COMPLETE sellout, 10,000+ will happen! WOW!

Minyard gettin' it done!

Now if McCutchen doesn't jack up my script, it should be a great weekend!

I announced the game in the beginning of my leadership class today. People were shocked to hear the importance of the game..oh ya, Lets do this!

Maybe we could get a couple of announcements in Chapel....would be nice for Dean Boyd to actively promote the games.