Sellout Saturday Night?

oruvoice

From theNDSU Board.

Called the ticket office and they said there were plenty of seats available and should be Sat also. Said there were some very good seats 17.00 still available also.

Still thinking of going but we are pretty busy right now so its a toss up whether we go or not. PL

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• oruvoice

• Mike Minyard

• ORUTerry

• bballmangc

There are several factors 'in play' that our Bison buddy isn't taking into account...that I won't share publicly. Minyard can divulge if he chooses.

Those factors lead me to believe that we will sell-out or REALLY close...9,000+ in our 10,575 seat arena.

There are several factors 'in play' that our Bison buddy isn't taking into account...that I won't share publicly. Minyard can divulge if he chooses.

Those factors lead me to believe that we will sell-out or REALLY close...9,000+ in our 10,575 seat arena.

Excellent!

20r1gkk.png

From theNDSU Board.

Of course there are plenty of seats still available, but we are selling tickets at a steady rate.  That rate is getting faster too.

We have a couple hundred $17 tickets still available, but those are selling too.

The lower level $5 tickets are just about gone.  We are pretty much down to single seats in the end zones.

The upper level will basically be all walk-up on Saturday, but I feel confident that we will fill that upper level.

This is the most effort I've put into a single game, and I don't think a sale out is possible against a Summit League team if it doesn't happen this Saturday.

I think it will be a LOT of fun!  Do you know if any Bison fans will be coming down, ndsubison?

i know of atleast one from up here in fargo, will probably be a few more from random alumni around the area down there... possibly some parents of players.  there are usually a handful of fans at every away game

Had the opportunity to visit live line with MM this afternoon about several exciting things, and it sounds like the old "pack the park" or "Mob the Mabee" concept may play out pretty well for us on Saturday night.  I just hope folks pick up tickets early and don't wait until 6:45 PM on Saturday evening to show up at the ticket windows.  The Mabee Center lobbies don't handle lines too well and with the escalators in play, it could make for a SLOW arriving crowd.  Take away, if you plan to attend, show up EARLY to beat those that don't plan ahead.

Now, as much as we'd all LOVE to see a near capacity crowd in the Mabee Center on Saturday night, I honestly feel it'll be fantastic if even the GOLD sections are full (5,000 actual attendance) and perhaps another couple of thousand folks sitting up in the BLUE for this game.  An actual attendance (paid, comped, credentialed, etc.) of 7,000 breathing humans would be an absolutely terrific result IMHO.  Again, we'd all love to see a full house on Saturday, but using the words "SELL" out feels like we're setting ourselves (and specifically MM) up to fail.  :|

Making modest promises and then delivering bigger than expected results seems to play well most of the time.  :wink:

I will spare you the calculations on how we'll get to 9,000+, but sit back and watch.

Too bad the calculations are my favorite part!

Lower level (practically) sold out already.

Student section will OVERFLOW into the upper deck/fill in any extra lower level seats.

A BUNCH of upper level seating already sold (friday morning).

Several BIG promotions for GROUPS that MM is wrapping up today. Plus, big walk-up on Saturday. Tulsa is a LATE moving/ Late arriving crowd.

9,000+...I'm telling you.

What I get amused by is the NDSU fans making fun of our "sellout", $5 tickets, & Bobblehead promo, on their board. They are actually taking 'jabs' at us?????

Look Bison...WE are the CHAMPS. 4-time defending regular season champs. 3 straight NCAA tourneys. More NCAA & NIT appearances than the ENTIRE CONFERENCE COMBINED! WE WILL BEAT YOU DOWN TOMORROW! The Mabee Center and the ORU nation will SHOOT ARROWS through your fat Bison hide and then we will feed on your rotting carcasses!

Congrats on your "share" of the conference title. Saturday you will learn humility at the hands of the REAL CHAMPS! Just hope that IPFW can beat SUU, so you can enjoy the NIT. Otherwise, you can get your golf clubs out of the garage and start preparing for your spring yard work!

Lower level (practically) sold out already.

Student section will OVERFLOW into the upper deck/fill in any extra lower level seats.

A BUNCH of upper level seating already sold (friday morning).

Several BIG promotions for GROUPS that MM is wrapping up today. Plus, big walk-up on Saturday. Tulsa is a LATE moving/ Late arriving crowd.

What I get amused by is the NDSU fans making fun of our "sellout", $5 tickets, & Bobblehead promo, on their board. They are actually taking 'jabs' at us?????

Look Bison...WE are the CHAMPS. 4-time defending regular season champs. 3 straight NCAA tourneys. More NCAA & NIT appearances than the ENTIRE CONFERENCE COMBINED! WE WILL BEAT YOU DOWN TOMORROW! The Mabee Center and the ORU nation will SHOOT ARROWS through your fat Bison hide and then we will feed on your rotting carcasses!

Congrats on your "share" of the conference title. Saturday you will learn humility at the hands of the REAL CHAMPS! Just hope that IPFW can beat SUU, so you can enjoy the NIT. Otherwise, you can get your golf clubs out of the garage and start preparing for your spring yard work!

Man, I'm a nerd, love the math.  Still thinking though if we get to 9000+ that would mean all 5000 gold filled (already happened) and 4000 of 5500 seats in the blue filled that would mean the blue seats would almost be 75% full, not sure if I have ever seen that.  Still will be very interested in actual attendance.  And am interested to see student attendance but even more in student enthusiam to see if they realize the importance of this game. 

Well there's a deal that if they get 800 there, they are canceling hall meeting on Monday. I also heard there's something extra if they get 1000 there.

Man, I'm a nerd

True. You are pretty nerdy.

9,000+. And I'm telling you, because MANY of you young pups have never experienced it, but the Mabee Center (at near capacity), is one of the LOUDEST/MOST IMPOSING home court adantages ANYWHERE.

If/when we get ROLLING on Saturday night, you will feel something inside the Mabee Center not seen in over a decade! I saw the Arkansas Razorbacks LITERALLY get SWALLOWED up by that buliding back in the mid-90's.

The only word to desrcibe it was DEAFENING. I lost a portion of my hearing that night...

I ws at that Arkansas game too.... half (more?) of the fans were Hog fans. Even with that, when the game was on the line at the end of the game - the Mabee Center was rocking.

Let's hope we approach the figures you are talking about.

If you have extra tickets - please make sure they get used and do not go wasted.

What I get amused by is the NDSU fans making fun of our "sellout", $5 tickets, & Bobblehead promo, on their board. They are actually taking 'jabs' at us? :? ?

Is NDSU the new Valpo??