Transfer Rumors

Old Titan

I sure wouldn't trade the ORU program for Arkansas' program over the past five years. I love the current situation at ORU. We are honest with who we are and we do what we can with the opportunities available. Coach Sutton signs the best he can and he continues to find ways to win conference championships and berths to the postseason.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• darrenj

• Gold*

• bballmangc

Derrick Lewis is also a good shooter....I played against him in summer league and he was one of the best shooters I have ever played against..and I hav played against Rotnei...Derrick may hav just of been hot that game but dang he can shoot the 3 ball....and jump out of the gym...got hops!

Good post oldtitan just asking!I saw in the paper that Clarke went 4/8 from the 3 and had14 against South Carolina.He got 42 minutes last night in a loss.

Did you not understand a word I said?

WHO CARES ABOUT INDIVIDUAL STATS IN A LOSS??

Other than a friend or relative...    :wink:

Why is his statline so important in a loss?  The only stat column that matters is the W-L column. I sure hope Clarke was more disappointed with the loss than he was happy with his personal stats. Basketball is a team sport with goals of conference championships and NCAA Tournament appearances and wins.

I'm sure that Clarke himself understands that and that maybe Arkansas can accomplish some team goals during his four years. I just don't see it happening. I'm afraid he chose Arkansas for the wrong reasons. I think he could have experienced both personal and team goals at a higher level at ORU.

I wonder if Clarke is in the long term plans of the Arkansas program. Are they just playing the best they have at this moment with plans of signing over Clarke or do they think Clarke is the real deal?  Only time will tell.

Why is his statline so important in a loss?  The only stat column that matters is the W-L column. I sure hope Clarke was more disappointed with the loss than he was happy with his personal stats. Basketball is a team sport with goals of conference championships and NCAA Tournament appearances and wins.

I'm sure that Clarke himself understands that and that maybe Arkansas can accomplish some team goals during his four years. I just don't see it happening. I'm afraid he chose Arkansas for the wrong reasons. I think he could have experienced both personal and team goals at a higher level at ORU.

I wonder if Clarke is in the long term plans of the Arkansas program. Are they just playing the best they have at this moment with plans of signing over Clarke or do they think Clarke is the real deal?  Only time will tell.

Never more happy that a kid chose to sign somewhere else...

If we don't go 4 star recruiting because the team is more important than the individual, I am all for it. I wasn't posting when RC was being bandied about, but I like the way OT described Sutton's recruiting philosophy: The whole is better than the sum of the parts. We are seeing it come together again at the end of the season, a testament to the effectiveness of what Sutton does. We have an unselfish team that is contributing everyone's strengths to the success of the program. On any one night, anyone could explode, but you wouldn't know it because on other nights, players are ready to take a diminished role rather than trying to force their game. I think that is the way I am interpreting it now when a Marcus Lewis only gets 7 pts. Sutton has him willing to sit and celebrate the successes of the rest of the crew. Good on the both of them!

For all the talent in the world, basketball is a team sport. That is what we teach youngsters and should model on the floor. Sutton is able to communicate his philosophy to an ever-growing caliber of players. He is and will continue to get that job done. If he ever leaves (and I hope he doesn't because I firmly believe that he can realize his goals at ORU), I hope that someone who is working with him can pick up where he left off.

I still think Sidarkis leaves OSU at the end of the year; they only have like 6 more guards coming in next year!

Clarke is getting a lot of run at Ark.  this year but they will not be any better next year as i think Washington goes to the pros and they have no big guys next year. The word is he is looking to transfer but who knows in the end.

ORU doesn't usually waste their time recruiting 4 stars as that is generally a waste of time. They do well with the guys they get and 2nd chance guys like Lewis and Pearson for next year.

My comment on stats was because someone said he was struggling and the fans were down on him.A little touchy are we old guy?I also take that back about you knowing a little bit,you didn't even know who Derek Lewis was.By the way i wish ORU would have landed him.

My comment on stats was because someone said he was struggling and the fans were down on him.A little touchy are we old guy?I also take that back about you knowing a little bit,you didn't even know who Derek Lewis was.By the way i wish ORU would have landed him.

"Touchy"?  If I'm the kettle, that makes you the pot.

The Arkansas fans HAVE been down on him at times, as only "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" Hog fans can be.

Could it be that they, too, care far more about wins and losses than they do some individual players' stats?

And yes, I did forget who Lewis was, but I remember him now - nice player, should have gone to TU or ORU, along with his Union running buddy Stewart that went to Kansas State.

But that's what happens sometimes when former high school stars leave their home state only to find the going a little tough in the college ranks.

They tend to slip your mind...  :|

Clarke has been beaten up pretty good on a few Ark. sites and that is to be expected as they are on par with Kent. fans as far as fanatics. Just don't think Ark. is any better next year and that is a tough conf.! I personally think he has done pretty darn good there.

I wish he would have ended up at ORU as i think he would be a difference maker here.

Lewis is a nice player for a lower level and he will transfer to Tulsa this summer. Should have been there to start.

Clarke has been beaten up pretty good on a few Ark. sites and that is to be expected as they are on par with Kent. fans as far as fanatics. Just don't think Ark. is any better next year and that is a tough conf.! I personally think he has done pretty darn good there.

I wish he would have ended up at ORU as i think he would be a difference maker here.

Lewis is a nice player for a lower level and he will transfer to Tulsa this summer. Should have been there to start.

To TU?

Do you have a source on Lewis?  I'd be really surprised if we took him.  We need help at point guard now and can't afford to wait one year for two years of eligibility.  I think we would have taken him last year.  Same thing with Sidorakis, except he's not a point guard and would be behind Hurtt.

"Touchy"?  If I'm the kettle, that makes you the pot.

The Arkansas fans HAVE been down on him at times, as only "what-have-you-done-for-me-lately" Hog fans can be.

Could it be that they, too, care far more about wins and losses than they do some individual players' stats?

And yes, I did forget who Lewis was, but I remember him now - nice player, should have gone to TU or ORU, along with his Union running buddy Stewart that went to Kansas State.

But that's what happens sometimes when former high school stars leave their home state only to find the going a little tough in the college ranks.

They tend to slip your mind...  :|

Good points.  I think maybe it took a generation of good local players floundering elsewhere to alert the next group of the pitfalls outside the state.  I'm still not over Clent Stewart saying he was going to Manhattan, KS to "see the world."  Big 12 and Michael Beasley (who wasn't on the radar at the time) are one thing -- THAT reason became message board legend.