Transfer Rumors

Old Titan

Hardly a week goes by without me hearing a rumor, or getting an e-mail, or seeing a post, regarding the possible transfers of the following:

Rotnei Clarke at Arkansas

Keiton Page at OSU

Jeremy Hazell at Seton Hall

Needless to say, any of them would be a high-profile addition to a mid-major like ORU or TU. 

But, the fact that all three are mercurial components of disappointing teams makes one wonder:  why aren't their teams winning more games?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• darrenj

• Gold*

• bballmangc

Uhoh, I sense a sequel to the Rotnei Clarke thread.

Maybe we could title it, "Rotnei Returns," or "Rotnei remembers Robert's."

I'd love to see Rotnei in a Golden Eagle uniform but I don't see this happening. I'm not sure how "friendships" play into anything but being that Scott Sutton and Pelphrey are to some degree "friends", does anyone think something like this is even plausible?

Pelphrey has plenty of other problems to worry about right now - I give him one more season at Arkansas at this rate.

And then we can start up the "Scott Sutton to Arkansas?" thread again, too. 

I really hope Rotnei isn't as bad as he seems right now and it's just Pelphrey misusing his abilities. I'm not really a fan of shooters camping in the corner the entire possession.

why would clarke transfer?  he's a freshman starting in the SEC...does he think arkansas has recruited over him and his minutes will be severely cut next year.  plus w/his family following him to arkansas, i find it hard to believe he would make his family move again.

You just never know what matters most to a 17- or 18-year-old when deciding whether to transfer, beyond the obvious reason of playing-time:  home-sickness, problems with a girlfriend, run-ins with teammates or a coach, no longer getting the attention they received in high school, etc.

Page is the one I'm surprised to hear anything about:  he committed to OSU early and never wavered, even after Sean Sutton was forced out, and he would seem to have the perfect coach to appreciate his abilities in Travis Ford.

I'd love to see Rotnei in a Golden Eagle uniform

Personally, I'd rather see Hazell in a Golden Eagle uniform before Rotnei.  I have seen what kind of baggage that comes along with the Clarke clan.

Personally, I'd rather see Hazell in a Golden Eagle uniform before Rotnei.  I have seen what kind of baggage that comes along with the Clarke clan.

Hazell has been a rolling stone since his early high school years, bouncing from New York City to Los Angeles, then to prep school in North Carolina, signing an LOI with ORU, reneging on that to go to Tennessee, before switching again to Seton Hall.

And now he wants to move again?

Makes you wonder why he can't/won't stay in one place.

As for Clarke, I can't believe ORU would have much of a chance to land him:  too much baggage here.  I would imagine his move would be to TU if he wants to get close to home; otherwise some place really high-profile and successful, like Kansas or Gonzaga.

I just find it hard to believe ANY of these guys could bear sitting out a year.

Ha! I'd totally take Rotnei over Hazell! I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I think Hazell takes way too many bad shots at Seton Hall.

Ha! I'd totally take Rotnei over Hazell! I guess it's just a matter of opinion. I think Hazell takes way too many bad shots at Seton Hall.

Doc, I hear what you're saying and, unfortunately, Hazell would fit in with our current situation right now!  :)  Hazell is much longer and athletic than Rotnei and wouldn't be standing in the corner waiting for the ball to be thrown to him each possession....plus his parents probably wouldn't be hanging around!! 

Conversely, Hazell does have a history of restlessness and would not be a long-term stay if he moved on to someplace else; however, could you imagine how much TV time these guys would be getting if they knew then what we know now about our TV package??  With two of the three of these guys and Vealy making grades, we would definitely be a top 50 team right now.

Anything could happen.

Not many thought Ford would come and stay after leaving, New Mexico State, Ball-State, and Southern Idaho. He's fit in pretty well so far, and from the likes of things is pretty happy.

Hardly a week goes by without me hearing a rumor, or getting an e-mail, or seeing a post, regarding the possible transfers of the following:

Keiton Page at OSU

Needless to say, any of them would be a high-profile addition to a mid-major like ORU or TU. 

But, the fact that all three are mercurial components of disappointing teams makes one wonder:  why aren't their teams winning more games?

We'll take 'em all...would love it and hope all three rumors are absolutely true.

Keiton Page at OSU

Link for any of these rumors?

Page would be a surprise for me as he seems to get a lot of time as a freshman for OSU. Would take him in a heartbeat at ORU.

Clarke is still starting for them but that team is really struggling and the fans are down on him. If he does transfer i don't think it will be to KU or that type of team. Maybe TU but i don't think that system fits him.

Hazzell may never get out of school if he transfers!

The Page rumor has perplexed me, too.  The version I heard was that an OSU player was interested in transferring . . . it made me wonder if it was Sidorakis instead, who seems to be lost in the shuffle over there.

TU needs point guard help now.  I'm not sure why we'd wait on a transfer.

Because we've already dug our own grave with that position.  As it stands, there's about a 99% chance that Uzoh is the starting PG again next year and it's unlikely that a newcomer could even significantly contribute to the position.  Regardless of whether it's a transfer or a freshman, neither will be a big piece of the puzzle until the 2010-2011 season.

LOL -- don't want to become the Phoggy of the ORU board and talk about another team when no one cares.  :-D

But I agree, ctt -- Uzoh is the guy next year.  We still need a backup.  Andrews isn't going to cut it in that role.  Part of our problem at UCF was that Uzoh had to play too many minutes with four fouls.