Transfer Rumors

Old Titan

The Page rumor has perplexed me, too.  The version I heard was that an OSU player was interested in transferring . . . it made me wonder if it was Sidorakis instead, who seems to be lost in the shuffle over there.

TU needs point guard help now.  I'm not sure why we'd wait on a transfer.

Sidorkas would be better to transfer to a DII school instead of moving to another D1 school, I think he would have a hard time playing at any D1 school (even at Tulsa  :-D)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• darrenj

• Gold*

• bballmangc

Sidorkas could play at ORU and maybe start. He is the one i think that will transfer in the end.

Wonder how Clarke would hold up playing for a screamer like TU's coach. Not sure he is up for that and the style they play is not what he is used to. More of a grind it out type of offense.

Sidorkas could play at ORU and maybe start. He is the one i think that will transfer in the end.

Wonder how Clarke would hold up playing for a screamer like TU's coach. Not sure he is up for that and the style they play is not what he is used to. More of a grind it out type of offense.

I don't think sidorkas would play enough defense for Sutton's liking.  I really doubt he would play much.  Would he play over Stokes or Morrison?  How about Holdman or Rogers?

Woj's "screaming" is over-analyzed.  The players mostly like him.  He is not JD Barnett.  There are plenty of reasons to question Woj; that isn't one of the more interesting topics.  Point guard recruiting and lack of zone defense are much more fair, in my opinion.

Maybe Page doesn't like getting cussed at.  :wink:

As for Clarke and Wojcik, I think any riff was always more between Doug and Conley Clarke than it ever was with Rotnei; the player and the coach seem to have a lot of respect for each other.

But what do you do with dear ol' dad?  :|

Clarke to OU might be more likely, especially with both Austin Johnson AND Willie Warren gone after this year (if Warren stays, which is unlikely, he surely leaves after next season while RC sits out and learns the system).

Clarke may miss being a "living legend" and will eventually try to return as close as possible to the scene of his past exploits - if not TU, then OU.

Haven't watched TU much this year so don't know if they need to go to a zone defense. You are right very few yell as much as JD used to!

They have failed miserably recruiting a pt guard but were pretty sure they were getting Clarke who would make a huge difference for them.

Bball,

Sidorkas can make an open shot so he would play for ORU. Not saying he is better than Morrison or Stokes. 

LOL -- don't want to become the Phoggy of the ORU board and talk about another team when no one cares.  :-D

But I agree, ctt -- Uzoh is the guy next year.  We still need a backup.  Andrews isn't going to cut it in that role.  Part of our problem at UCF was that Uzoh had to play too many minutes with four fouls.

Unlike the TU board when it comes to ORU, most folks over here don't mind - and some even enjoy - hearing what's going on down at 11th & Harvard.

You know the old Mafia saying:  Keep your friends close - and your enemies closer.  8-)

I don't think sidorkas would play enough defense for Sutton's liking.  I really doubt he would play much.  Would he play over Stokes or Morrison?  How about Holdman or Rogers?

We need a tall, spot-up shooter on the wing, ala Moses Ehambe/Cade Davis/Nick Sidorkis/etc. - defense be damned, if just for a few minutes a half.

Morrison could eventually be that guy - just needs some self-confidence.

Sidorkas is not a bad overall player; just not a good fit at OSU right now. Would be a very good spot up shooter and good solid addition to ORU.

Just depends on Clarke; does he want to be a point guard or does it matter to him.

OU has a top pt. coming in next year in Mason who is a very good player.

Morrison looked a lot more comfortable & confident Saturday evening.... he was asking for the ball out on the wing. Hitting open shots will help his game tremendously... now when they play him tighter, he can head fake and drive to the basket.

Haven't watched TU much this year so don't know if they need to go to a zone defense. You are right very few yell as much as JD used to!

They have failed miserably recruiting a pt guard but were pretty sure they were getting Clarke who would make a huge difference for them.

Bball,

Sidorkas can make an open shot so he would play for ORU. Not saying he is better than Morrison or Stokes. 

We never ever run a zone.  That's the issue.  We had four guys foul out the other night -- three starters -- and we were still getting lit up from outside after we had a 17 point lead.  Change something!  Plan A went down in flames, is there a Plan B?

Wojcik yells things like "rebound" and "play defense."  The really mean things he says are in calm tone on the bench, much like every other good coach we've had.  The only time I've ever seen him really chew out a player was Anthony Price . . . and Price kind of needed to hear it.  Some folks on our board just don't know what they are talking about when they bring up the yelling.  The meanest thing I've ever heard Woj say was when he told Bawji something like, "We play defense in America!"  That's actually a pretty funny way of making the point.

As for OT's comments, I was more taking a dig at Phoggy.  That guy has two agendas: bash Rotnei and talk KU.

Too bad things didn't work out with Vealy. He would have played a dominant role at the 3 or 4.

Speaking of, is Vealy playing anywhere?

Morrison looked a lot more comfortable & confident Saturday evening.... he was asking for the ball out on the wing. Hitting open shots will help his game tremendously... now when they play him tighter, he can head fake and drive to the basket.

Problem is, Summit League refs call a travel on head fakes, every time  :| . . .

Vealy sure had his chances and kept thinking he would break out and play up to his ability. Did happen once! :-)

A lot of coaches are pretty stubborn about playing man to man and don't even practice zones.

Everyone screams at their players just part of the job and getting it through to the players.

Noone minds a little banter here and there about other teams in college basketball.  Heck, nearly all of the threads I started on that board from November to January were only loosely related to Tulsa basketball.  It's when your blind homerism takes over (e.g. "Missouri is the 7th best team in the Big 12") that you've taken things to Phoggy level.

Regarding TU playing zone.  I just wish we would mix it up a little.  I've never understood college coaches that are stubborn to a fault.  It rarely works out.  Southern Miss played a zone exclusively against Memphis the other day and it kept them in it when Memphis started 3/13.  Of course they figured it out and rolled USM in the 2nd half, but it never hurts to try out something new when the old stuff just isn't getting it done.

But anyways, back to the actual topic of this thread. 

Hazell - I have no idea.

Clarke - I think the Arkansas situation is worse than anyone realizes.  They're completely melting down right now.  Half the team has been either suspended or kicked off the team.  Their best player (Washington) will declare for the NBA draft.  None of their recruits for next year have qualified yet.  And Pelphrey probably has a do-or-die job next year or he's toast.  Rotnei may stick around in hopes that things get better, but if everything remains the same until the end of the season I think he'll be looking elsewhere.

Page - I think he'll stay at OSU.  The only reason I can think that he would interested in leaving is if he's legitimately concerned about the 8 point guard recruits Travis Ford is bringing in next year (Ok, it's not that many, but it's a lot and they're all highly recruited) or if there's something we don't know.

Sidorakis - He was a bad fit at OSU when he signed and he's a worse fit now.  If he sticks around then I don't see him ever giving a significant contribution there.  He and Derrek Lewis both made bad decisions and now they're buried on the bench, but hey at least you're on a Big 12 team... kind of.

Good stuff, ctt.  The Sidorakises (can I say that on here?  :wink:) and the Lewises of the world should have looked around more.  Lewis bugs me because it seems like he got sold on a coach who was always going to leave.  But then again, Clent Stewart ended up having a nice year after K-State made their coaching change.  Things can change rapidly when a coach leaves; look at how Wojcik utilized Ramsdell compared to JP and Pooh.

Sidorakis probably should look around though, unless he really just loves OSU.  They have so many guards coming in.

That's a shame about Pelphrey.  I'm not a pig sooie fan, but I kind of admired his work during his first season and thought it was cool he played in that scrimmage early on.

This is what I don't get about the zone at TU: isn't that how we beat Bradley last year?  We ran a zone in that last game; no one had ever tried that on them all year.  So when Woj says he doesn't know a zone, I'd suggest he go and watch the defense his team used to win that tournament he takes so much pride in.  Was that a one time only thing?  Is there no one on our staff that isn't calling him out?  I like our coaches, but maybe they are too much from the same page.

Sidorakis - He was a bad fit at OSU when he signed and he's a worse fit now.  If he sticks around then I don't see him ever giving a significant contribution there.  He and Derrek Lewis both made bad decisions and now they're buried on the bench, but hey at least you're on a Big 12 team... kind of.

Sometimes that is more important than getting tons of playing time

I think Lewis will end up at Tulsa next year. Lot of talent but not Big 12 talent.

Lot of other rumors floating around. Just never know until the fall.