Re: USC on the schedule.

wakeflip1

Unless you're talking about our road schedule!  Now that is a different story.  You guys will love our road schedule.  Very exciting!  Can't wait for it to be finalized.  I would imagine there will be some TV possibilities at least with ESPN Full Court or Fox Sports.

Uh, we are going to have this thing finalized by the start of the season, right?

Or, are we just gonna add games as we go along during the season, like Sunny Golloway?  :wink:

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• TrueBlue82

• oruvoice

• tmh8286

Any Dallas area team we can get in the Mabee Center would be great - especially given the amount of recruiting we do in the Metroplex. Hope we signed a home-and-home arrangement so we can play down there next year.

You won't be excited about either team if you don't think there is a team in Dallas that would be worth having at the Mabee Center.

That's good to know.

Of course for recruiting it'll be a good thing to play in Dallas but as an overwhelming excitability factor.....it's not going to get the casual fan base psyched for the game

That's good to know.

Of course for recruiting it'll be a good thing to play in Dallas but as an overwhelming excitability factor.....it's not going to get the casual fan base psyched for the game

Senior, we're way past worrying about the "overwhelming excitability factor" - if we don't land one or both of these games we've discussed, we're staring at the distinct possibility of having no Division-1 non-conference home games this season.

Any of those teams mentioned sure look a lot better than Oklahoma Wesleyan or Langston...

It's not UT-Arlington (but they play Tulsa too...)

http://utamavs.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl/sched/txar-m-baskbl-sched.html

UT-Arlington seems to have the same problem we do:  their first home game vs. a D-1 school is a conference tilt vs. Lamar on January 14.

Which begs to question:  if both schools are in the same boat trying to get home games, why don't they play each other home-and-home??

My shoot-from-the-hip guess is it will be one school in the vicinity of Nashville, and the other, North Texas University (Drove from Fort Worth to Tulsa dozens of times when in Seminary, and it always took me 5-1/2 hours; Denton about 4-1/2 hrs) :-)

Senior, we're way past worrying about the "overwhelming excitability factor" - if we don't land one or both of these games we've discussed, we're staring at the distinct possibility of having no Division-1 non-conference home games this season.

Any of those teams mentioned sure look a lot better than Oklahoma Wesleyan or Langston...

I completely agree!  I was just stating a point....

OK, I'll play:  4 or 5 hours would limit you to the states of Kansas, Arkansas, Missouri or Texas.

Unless, of course, you drive like me, which might mean New Mexico or Louisiana, but I digress.

In those 4 states originally mentioned, the only teams that might play at ORU on short notice, and that Voice would also be geeked about, are the following mid-majors:

Wichita State (9)

Missouri State (6)

Texas Christian (4)

Southern Methodist (7)

Texas-Arlington (6)

North Texas (State?) (eight)

Arkansas-Little Rock  (0)

As for the opponent from 10-11 hours away, who knows, but I bet it's also a mid-major - I can't imagine a BCS-conference team coming in here in the 11th hour to save the day (and the home schedule).

However, the second half of the clue was "never played" or played "twice?".  I've added the number of historical games played against each opponent above - and the only team that fits both clues is UALR, although TCU could also be a candidate, since the "twice" was in question.  As for 10-11 hours, we could be looking west, to Colorado Springs (Air Force - 0) or Denver (Denver - 2, Colorado - 0, Colorado State - 4, Northern Colorado - 2), or east to Western Kentucky - 2.  Any of these teams could fit both clues and the only team that has released their schedule is Colorado - and we're not on it.

My initial gut feel was North Texas and Air Force, but based upon the clues, I'd have to give the edge to UALR and Denver or WKU.  Is this the year of the Sunbelt?

What do you say, Voice, are we getting warm?

Woo Hoo! Double mental backflip (I could never do those physically as a youngster and I certainly can't now.)! :-o:-D

OK. OK.

We are hosting Vanderbilt and Kansas St. Are you happy now?

Editor's note:  that's a joke, sports fans.

Isn't it?  :-P