Re: USC on the schedule.

wakeflip1

LOL...good stuff....I know Denver has a great hockey program but in do not know much about their roundball team...just that they beat ORU a few yrs back....i don't mind playing them but how about a return game in Tulsa?... :-D

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• TrueBlue82

• oruvoice

• tmh8286

Interesting...NDSU just agreed to play a game at USC in late December.

So far NDSU's schedule is...

@Minnesota

UW-Green Bay

@Drake Tourney

@USC

How is ORU's schedule shaping up?

I personally would like to see ORU and Colorado play...I think it would be a good test to see how ORU compares to a downtroded BCS program...

We saw that last year...I think it was a 17 point win...and their coach got fired...They wear an ugly orange color and they're not from Texas. :evil:

Interesting...NDSU just agreed to play a game at USC in late December.

So far NDSU's schedule is...

@Minnesota

UW-Green Bay

@Drake Tourney

@USC

How is ORU's schedule shaping up?

All we know about right now are road games:

@ Tulsa

@ Southern Cal

@ Creighton

@ Louisiana-Lafayette

@ BracketBuster Game (TBA)

@ San Juan Shootout (3 games)

That's eight road/neutral games already, plus 18 conference games - would expect four or five home games TBD against less than stellar competition to try and balance the record somewhat...

Here's a link to the current Summit League composite schedule for 2008-2009, which does no favors for ORU:

• As if our November/December schedule didn't have enough road games, ORU opens up conference play at NDSU and SDSU the first week of December.

• Unless some sort of change is made, the last two weeks of February are brutal:  Tuesday/Thursday games at Southern Utah and UMKC, followed on Saturday by a road game at a BracketBuster opponent to be determined.  Bad enough we have to play two conference games at all that week, when we're expected to represent the conference on a national stage; to hamstring us with the dreaded UMKC/SUU odyssey leading up to it the same week is ridiculous.

• It gets worse:  back to town for two potentially critical games with the Dakota schools, then right back on the road to frosty Sioux Falls for the conference tournament.  If we manage to keep everyone healthy from injury and illness during that stretch, Smitty and the EOOC boys ought to get medals.

Here's a link to the current Summit League composite schedule for 2008-2009, which does no favors for ORU:

• As if our November/December schedule didn't have enough road games, ORU opens up conference play at NDSU and SDSU the first week of December.

OT, where are you finding the Summit League Composite schedule for next season? I still just find this season.

On another note, if we have to start our conference games against NDSU, we will sure find out where we are at in the conference in a hurry! Will Ford be available at that point yet?

Sorry, OT. I guess you can't do any better than giving me the link, can you? I tried another way first. I was too excited to read as precisely as I needed to. :|

@ Tulsa

@ Southern Cal

@ Creighton

@ Louisiana-Lafayette

That's eight road/neutral games already, plus 18 conference games - would expect four or five home games TBD against less than stellar competition to try and balance the record somewhat...

Looks pretty good so far, definitely up to par with the Summit Plan. That trip to San Juan should be pretty good, looks like they had a pretty good field last year and who wouldn't want to go there in December...

SanJuan8.jpg

Very challenging schedule (road-wise) for a relatively young and untested squad. The coaches will have to work hard to keep the guys upbeat and confident if we stub our toes a bit early. Would help to have another post player.

• 2 months later...

@ Tulsa

@ Southern Cal

@ Creighton

@ Louisiana-Lafayette

So, here we are nearly three months later after this post... and do we know anything more?  Actually, we know LESS, as the Bracketbuster game has been busted!  We do have a few dates set now, and opponents for San Juan (Wright State, Murray State, USF), but overall, not much action in the schedule department - or am I missing something?

So, here we are nearly three months later after this post... and do we know anything more?  Actually, we know LESS, as the Bracketbuster game has been busted!  We do have a few dates set now, and opponents for San Juan (Wright State, Murray State, USF), but overall, not much action in the schedule department - or am I missing something?

DEPRESSING

My "hunch" says this game is a lock. Yet, we will probably have to wait for USC's schedule to come out for it to be official.

By the way, I just MARRIED!

My "hunch" says this game is a lock. Yet, we will probably have to wait for USC's schedule to come out for it to be official.

By the way, I just MARRIED!

Congratulations, wakeflip!  Your life will never be the same :wink:!

I hope you're not hanging out on the message board on your honeymoon 8-) . . .

Married???

My condolences. :cry:

Haha whatever - Mr. Flip you're a blessed man with a beautiful godly wife, congratulations! I'm following suit October 4th!