• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• orumom

• SOLO_Gold

We could sell rubber ELI and Jaws halloween-type masks!

Can you imagine a Mabee  Center full of Eli masks coming to life when the mascots face off???  That would be hilarious!

lol

We can do a lot of crazy things as long as our basketball is good!

The ELI mask might be sensational until someone uses one to rob a bank :-(.

I'd love to have one of those Jawz bobbleheads.  If they gave them away at a game that probably means there are a couple hundred of them floating around out there 8-) . . .

Well, we were trying to find out how to make this an actual rivalry... I think a mascot throwdown that gets national attention helps some

I'd love to have one of those Jawz bobbleheads.  If the gave them away at a game that probably means there are a couple hundred of them floating around out there 8-) . . .

I got it, TH - good one.  :wink:

Seriously, an Eli and/or Jawz bobblehead might command a decent price on eBay right now, if you could somehow link the video to your ad.

It's hard to have a rivalry when there are NO IUPUI fans.... A school with 29,000 students and no common identity. The alumni never thik of themselves as Jags - they are either Boilermakers or Hoosiers.

It's hard to have a rivalry when there are NO IUPUI fans.... A school with 29,000 students and no common identity. The alumni never thik of themselves as Jags - they are either Boilermakers or Hoosiers.

Which is why they need to change their name.

Some suggestions:

Indianapolis State

University of Indianapolis

Indirue University

Perdiana University

U. Perdy (thanks, so are U)  :wink:

lol, I suggest the following -

After Eli got beat down, he needs some redemption. Why doesn't he go out and knock the block off of whatever opposing mascot we go up against!

Kidding, of course.

I like U of Indianapolis  :-D ... and I agree with IUPUI having no fans, no identity and a ridiculous name- as ESPN's John Anderson said- "There's no I in team, but there are two in IUPUI"....

But I can't muster up any feelings toward any other Summit schools.

Check out www.abcnews.com for another take on the Mascot fight ... "Mascot Mess:  Eagle Fights Jaquar"  "Entertainment at a college basketball game in Oklahoma goes horribly wrong".     (IUPUI will be happy to know that they are a nameless small school in Indiana!)   The "commentary" is interesting and amusing, too!

This link should take you straight to the site:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4451034

Haha ouch on the whole "he needs to work out" comment

but that's great about the small college in indiana

Yeah, they showed it 5 times on CNN Headline News this morning. I was at the barber shop and everybody was going crazy laughing over the whole thing.

Check out www.abcnews.com for another take on the Mascot fight ... "Mascot Mess:  Eagle Fights Jaquar"  "Entertainment at a college basketball game in Oklahoma goes horribly wrong".      (IUPUI will be happy to know that they are a nameless small school in Indiana!)    The "commentary" is interesting and amusing, too!

This link should take you straight to the site:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4451034

This is my favorite take yet!  I like when they say "the security guard needs to work out a bit."  :-D