• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• orumom

• SOLO_Gold

lol, I like how Eli puts his head back on. Of course, he shoves the IUPUI cheerleader (poor guy, he was only trying to break them up) and gets jumped from behind by the Jag.

Jaws initiated the confrontation while Eli was on the court dancing.

I think fight training should be apart of mascot orientation. You have go to know how to scrap in the suit so your school is not embarrassed. I can't believe Eli didn't follow the most important rule of mascot fighting:

Rule #1: Don't do it if your head is not strapped on tight. It will fall off, and you will be embarrassed!

I think that this has got to be the funniest mascot fight I've seen. The duck had to leave the game immediately and got a 1 game suspension:

First of all- "Jawz the Jaguar"?? That may be the worst mascot name ever... it's almost as silly as having a 'Golden' Hurricane represent a place like, say...Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Secondly, what kind of cowardly mascot engages his enemy from the back, and not face-to-face?

Thirdly- If there were a Summit League/WWF Smackdown pay-per-view cage match, which mascot would win the championship belt?

We need to add real talons to the eagle suit.

Is Eli the same person at every game during the year or do they rotate?

They rotate.... thankfully it was not the young lady who sometimes fills the suit.

First of all- "Jawz the Jaguar"?? That may be the worst mascot name ever... it's almost as silly as having a 'Golden' Hurricane represent a place like, say...Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Secondly, what kind of cowardly mascot engages his enemy from the back, and not face-to-face?

Thirdly- If there were a Summit League/WWF Smackdown pay-per-view cage match, which mascot would win the championship belt?

Jawz got in a fight with "the Roo" from UMKC, who was a 13 yr old girl, he got tossed from that one.... He also stole my shoes during their game against Oakland...

I watched the replay on ESPN360. No one would know that there was a mascot fight unless you were at the game. I think they were coming back from a commercial and you hear one of the announcers say something like 'IUPUI guy something something' and then theres a pause for a couple seconds, then back to the action (the game).

We got to watch it on all four (4) local stations tonight......it got funnier every time.

If it had been the girl that wears the costume at some games, even though she is pretty and all girl, she probably could have smacked Jaws down because she has older brothers, one of which is a former walk on.

The morning animals in OKC were talking about this for 10 minutes this morning.  Listening to them, I would not know who won the basketball game, but the mascot fight was worth talking about. :roll:

We got to watch it on all four (4) local stations tonight......it got funnier every time.

If it had been the girl that wears the costume at some games, even though she is pretty and all girl, she probably could have smacked Jaws down because she has older brothers, one of which is a former walk on.

Daniel's her only brother ...

Geoff just said that during the championship game his radio broadcast came back from commercial break right before the mascots went at it, and that he started doing play by play for the slapdown.  I think they're going to try to find tape of it so that the station can replay it.  That will be a hoot!

As it's working out, the mascot rumble is getting more attention than the tournament win!

I always wanted to get in a mascot fight...I mean...what do you have to lose from an injury standpoint? You're in a big furry suit...

However, thinking about getting in trouble and any possible negative reflection on the school didn't make it worth it.

But if I had a nickel for everytime I saw that green promotion alien mascot guy...what's his name? Skeeter? Something like that...if I had a nickel for everytime I wanted to deck him just for the fun of it...well I'd be 20-30 cents richer, that's for sure.

It looked like the Jag tried to do a German suplex at the end of the fight but luckily the eagle deadweighted so the Jag had to settle for a simple takedown. Had the Jag been able to execute the German, Eli might have been dragged off the floor.