• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• orumom

• SOLO_Gold

This is all amusing, but WAY too much is being made of it.  Anyone with boys has seen ten times worse in their own living room.  It's nothing more than youthful exuberance and adrenaline, with a little testosterone thrown in.  I'm actually growing weary of the all the coverage this is receiving.

I agree with Tim.... it seems a bit overblown. Imagine - two college age boys/young men tussling in animal costumes. What is so strnage about that? I do think the IUPUI mascot was trying to create a scene to draw attention to himself - and it worked.

I also agree with Blue..... it is publicity for ORU.

College Game night on ESPN2 just showed a 10 second clip (in between game highlights) of the fight and they said the ORU mascot has been suspended for 1 game!

It DID appear that Jawz was looking for trouble, and Eli took the bait. But it takes two to tango, so Eli's not blameless.  

I still don't think that DISCIPLINE of either party was really indicated.  I think keeping that particular kid out of the suit for the rest of the season is AMPLE.  More than that is really overkill and totally unfair, to either mascot.  In our PC, overly sensitive, feminized  world, he probably got hammered.  If he did, I'll be first in line to send a letter of complaint to the powers that be.

A stone-cold pick that flattens two players, leaving both with cobwebs in their heads and one groggy for half a game is perfectly alright, because it occurred during the game, but a couple of boys tussle a little bit on a time out and it becomes the biggest story of the game.

Come on!  Show me video of Lewis taking that charge from Hill - that was the high point of the game!  Not a couple of kids in animal suits!

It just made ESPN.  They are going to talk about it on Around the Horn today.  Turn to ESPN right now.

Around the Horn on ESPN which just started is going to talk about the fight.  Saw it in the intro.

you're too fast MM

It just made ESPN.  They are going to talk about it on Around the Horn today.  Turn to ESPN right now.

OO Man YB is going nuts... lol

Every year we get lots of love.... this publicity is priceless.

I have to think our athletic department is thrilled; he may be suspended, but we may be giving him 'high fives' behind closed doors.

Wish I could see it, but I'M AT WORK!  Where are the rest of you characters???

Obviously, here at TOURNAMENT TIME, there's not enough real SPORTS NEWS to fill their show with, so they use this fluff to kill time.  

Good grief!!

Isn't ORU a religious school???

They are also gonna talk about it on Pardon the Interuption

Jay Mariotti said the mascot should be suspended from the NCAA tourney.

Woody Page said you don't punish the other two people who wear the costume.

Woody got the point.

I'm glad Woody Page got the point.  A mascot fight doesn't make you evil (even if you are a Christian institution) and the other two students who wear the costume shouldn't be punished for the actions of one.