• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tmh8286

• Mike Minyard

• orumom

• SOLO_Gold

Digger & Bobby Knight just got some good laughs about Eli on ESPN. Bobby said it was usually him not the mascot.  :-D

Is it too late to chime in? :-D

The Summit League should schedule a mascot fight night before the Summit League Tourney. Bring in all the mascots, put them in a cage, sell tickets and and fight to the death. ESPN could even televise Mascot Fight Night. Just have to get some insurance waivers for that.

GREAT idea, BHM.  We'd have a packed houses for every game.  We can call it "Mascot Mayhem", and there's not another conference in the country doing it!  I bet they all will be before long, though :wink:!

Hey!  Naturally, you come up with this great idea JUST BEFORE YOU HOST!  What's up with that :-D?

Whoever the kid is in the Eli suit, if he ever wants to get interviewed by ESPN, now is his chance.  Although, since he lost the fight, its maybe not a good idea.

Come on!  Show me video of Lewis taking that charge from Hill - that was the high point of the game!  Not a couple of kids in animal suits!

When I was watching on ESPN, they replayed this shot around 6 times at different times during the broadcast. I thought for sure this was the one that would go round and round. I'm still hoping it has a little more longevity once the stuffed animals (sorry Eli :|) have had their day in the media spotlight.

I'm not in advertising, but my tendency would be to think that name recognition alone won't get you the #12 seed. Watching someone do a good job at taking a charge by being in position is the picture that I would prefer people all over to see. Does anyone have video of that event or know how I can get my hands on it?

Funny how during the broadcast itself, ESPN doesn't show it at all (to my recollection), but afterward all the media sources are stumbling over each other to show it.

Whoever the kid is in the Eli suit, if he ever wants to get interviewed by ESPN, now is his chance.  Although, since he lost the fight, its maybe not a good idea.

hahahaha he's my RA. In his own words... after we all called him evil.... "I didnt even start it!"

this thing is definitely has taken on a life of its own...currently closing in on 100,000 views and 100 comments.

Quote from: Mike Minyard on March 12, 2008, 11:25:34 AM

this thing is definitely has taken on a life of its own...currently closing in on 100,000 views and 100 comments.

Now it is up to over 191,000.  Amazing.

I think I'm responsible for about a hundred of those :-D!!!

I was just going to own up to a thousand myself. Between you and me we've just about got it covered.

Can you imagine the national pub we would get if we staged an "Eli vs. Jawz II" rematch during halftime of our home game with IUPUI next February?

We could have the whole thing staged ala WWE:  big intros, fireworks, a ring, divas everywhere, and a mike lowered from the ceiling for guest MC Michael Buffer to say, "Let's get ready to rumble!!"

I can see it now:  right as Eli and Jawz get after it, the Hot Dog and the Taquito from QuikTrip join the fray, and a tag team melee' ensues!  Miraculously, Jawz and Eli must join forces against the QuikTrip gang, as Egg Roll, Donkey Kick and Rooster Booster jump into the ring!

Who will win?  Will Eli and Jawz raise their paws/wings in victory, or will corporate might win the day?

Either way, I predict a SELLOUT!!   :-D

One thing for sure - ESPN would want to be on hand.  They've gotten two days of broadcasting out of this thing!