Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

As far as the team switching ends of the court, the story I was told had more to do with the fact that our band plays loud and hard right next to the former home and current visitors team bench. This made it hard for the coaches to relay their message to the team during timeouts...I could be wrong though...

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

What was printed in the paper and what was the actual case may be entirely different - and your story makes more sense than mine. 

We'll go with it :wink:.

Its also nice to have the visitors shooting at the student end in the 2nd half while having your offensive possessions in front of your bench.  I also think RR in section F wants ORU shooting at him in the 2nd half.

Speaking of the band...Mike M.,  When ORU_Isbig comes by to get Christian Chapel's tickets, is there any chance not to be in the section right next to the band.  Love their music but can't speak to the person next to me when they play...Just askin'

The girls athletic teams (not the cheerleaders or pom squad) were called the Titanettes early on.  If I remember correctly, they changed to Lady Titans in the late 70's.

The girls athletic teams (not the cheerleaders or pom squad) were called the Titanettes early on.  If I remember correctly, they changed to Lady Titans in the late 70's.

That is the way  remember it too.  Also, if I've heard correctly, we are still using the same floor and Tony & his crew just take extremely good care of it.

If that's the case, Blue, then this card would have to be from before that.  That means we're looking at 30+ years on this postcard.  Cool!!

Greg Swaim moved all of the Rotnei Clarke posts on his message board to the Premium (pay) Site. Not sure why.... several people were debating whether OSU was really pursuing (or had offered) Clarke. Others had the opinion that Rotnei was headed for ORU.

Typical Swaim! He just makes up most of the stuff and is usually wrong on his projections. He is not respected or liked by most coaches in the state.

I sure hope that the Clarkes travel safe this weekend, but have a hard time getting there and have a lousy time during their visit.  Unfortunately, the weather isn't cooperating...looks like "chamber of commerce" weather all weekend.

Even in their heyday, TU was never at the same level that Gonzaga has been this past decade.

They have a half dozen players in the pros, one of whom (Adam Morrison) was a national co-Player of the Year (with J.J. Reddick of Duke) and a lottery pick.

They play several games a year on national TV.

They can get a game scheduled with anyone they want.

They can realistically recruit anyone in the country.

Bottom line:  they don't have to toot their own horn - everyone already knows (or assumes) they are big-time.

LOL @ Eaglebackr.

"a program that was Gonzaga before Gonzaga."

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/print?id ... type=story

Gonzaga has a hard time getting opponents to Spokane.  They play A LOT of neutral site games.

Gonzaga doesn't recruit nationally anymore than TU does.  They have one McD's All-American ever -- and he was a transfer.

I respect them.  Been to Spokane -- they have great fans and a cool program.  But this may be your lamest TU smack ever... and that's saying something.

Wow! Kentucky's back court is literally getting more crowded every day. 4 star wing, Darius Miller committed to the Cats on yesterday. Link Many fans think they should stop going after other guards because that only leaves 2 scholarships, and they are really desperate for big men. I doubt BG will stop recruiting Rotnei. A coach has got to try to get the best available players out there to commit to his school.

I think that leaves the Wildcats with only one more scholarship to give if you count seniors leaving. There is widespread speculation that one or two existing players may be "recruited over" though.