Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

Guys... I am in western Kansas

That's all you have to say...sounds like you're having a rough day already without having to worry about the message board...

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

Don't lock it yet - this thread is less than 200 views away from being the all-time most veiwed thread on this board.  Let's go for the record!

Lock it tomorrow, that should put it on top.

Don't lock it yet - this thread is less than 200 views away from being the all-time most veiwed thread on this board.  Let's go for the record!

Lock it tomorrow, that should put it on top.

You're right - burning books never solved anything.

But it does need to be closely watched, so we don't head back down the slippery slope we were on yesterday.

That whole escapade left me feeling nauseous...  :-P

You're right - burning books never solved anything.

Personally, I prefer the light-handed approach when it comes to locking threads.  These untoward situations almost always die a natural death on their own without intervention.  As far as the deal yesterday is concerned, the problematic quote was removed from both the TU board and our board, which was a good thing.  But there are other posts on other boards by soonerjhawk that haven't been removed.  I don't think it displays a very high level of emotional maturity on our part to try to deny they're out there, or bury our collective heads in the sand and pretend they don't exist.  Take them for what they are, and move on.

Ultimately, regardless of what is posted on these message boards, the situation will solve itself in November.  At this point, I'm thinking, November can't come quickly enough!

I do wonder why he isn't taking a visit to OU though, since we have heard that OU is high on his list.

It could just be that OU is close and growing up in state he's probably already had the chance to see the facilities. Probably not on a recruiting tour basis but as a sports fan. I know I'd rather go to Gonzaga or Marquette for a visit no matter where I was considering just to GO. You never get opportunities like that again.

I don't think he really needs to visit ORU, Tulsa or OU and i would love to go to Gonzaga right now to get out of the heat!!

I have my doubts about the Soonerjhawk being Coach Clarke and the thread got a little out of hand over on TU board but was not really that bad. On the Texas board they threaten to beat up each other on a regular basis.

All that being said the coaches have done a good job with Rotnei and no matter what they did the best they could. They are in on a few more very good players that will allow them to continue to have the success that we as fans have gotten used to.

It has been good basketball talk for the month of August though!!!

All that being said the coaches have done a good job with Rotnei and no matter what they did the best they could. They are in on a few more very good players that will allow them to continue to have the success that we as fans have gotten used to.

It has been good basketball talk for the month of August though!!!

Amen, brother - I'm just really excited about the overall upward swing of the team talent level.

If we get Rotnei Clarke, it will no doubt be a recruiting coup of national proportions, and all indications are that he should be a great college player, and make us a better team in the process.

But if we don't get him, I'll frankly be more chagrined (based on all that's been done to recruit him) than disappointed.

We're STILL going to be a force to be reckoned with for years to come, either way.

IT'S ALL GOOD!!  :-D

I think both TU and ORU did a great job with RC. I dont think it is fair to dismiss RC's interest in ORU as loyalty to his dad or his faith. I think it has as much to do with Coach Sutton and staff. I think the same would be true of TU who was on RC before anyone. The way things are shaking out, I think ORU currently has a better chance than TU but we'll see. The real thing to wait for is the family trip to UK Midnight Madness. If he doesnt sign with BillyG on the spot, I suspect you will see a decision upon his return home. That would be very favorable for the local schools.

ash  =o)  <--- demoted to ORU admirer (is there a special section for that at Mabee?)

You made it, Doc!  The most viewed topic on the board.  Now we just need another 150 replies to make this the most talked about topic!  Are you game?

We definately have enough time from now until November to get that.

You made it, Doc!  The most viewed topic on the board.  Now we just need another 150 replies to make this the most talked about topic!  Are you game?

I'm ALWAYS game, Bogus . . .

Guest Rob Marshall
The most viewed topic on the board.  Now we just need another 150 replies to make this the most talked about topic!

For the stat geeks out there, can anyone compare this thread to the previous record (i.e., number of different contributing posters to the thread; life span of the thread from start to finish ... did it explode over just a few days or was it something like this one that evolved over several weeks and months?) ... would be interesting stats to know ... anyone?

Here is the link to find the statistical information.  You can click on the hyperlinks of the various topics and users to get more information on this page.  I hope that this is helpful.

Rob, you can check out board stats here, if you're interested. 

To answer your questions, the thread with the largest number of posts was * * * Head Coaching Jobs Watch * * *, and that thread went from March 19 to April 18, 2007.  That thread had 316 posts, this thread has 173 so far.

The thread with the most views is now this one, with 3987 views.  It's been going since dcheif42 started it on June 20.  The next most viewed thread was Impact of the Mayor's Cup, with 3948 views.  That thread, shockingly, had ONLY forty five posts, and was active from November 30, 2005 to December 1, 2005.

Now, if you want to see some serious message boarding, check out this link - Gary ~ What's The Plan For Diamond Lil ?  This thread, on the Warbird Information Exchange message board, has 2550 posts (as of this minute) and 361,134 views!  This thread has been going nonstop since last October.  It has to do with the refurbishing of "Diamond Lil'" one of only two WW II era B-24 bombers still flying.  It is of local interest because for the past six or eight years, until this one, Diamond Lil' was maintained by the local Wing of the Commemorative Air Force at Jones Riverside Airport.

Rotnei was in Chapel today, I know its not a huge suprise that he was... but it was cool to see him in there and nice to know he's the kind of kid that will take time out of his day for some God time.

Rotnei was in Chapel today, I know its not a huge suprise that he was... but it was cool to see him in there and nice to know he's the kind of kid that will take time out of his day for some God time.

Interesting . . .