Re: Rotnei Clarke

dchief42

If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. If you were Rotnei Clarke what school would you sign with?

• Kansas
    • Oklahoma
    • Oklahoma State
    • Oral Roberts
    • Tulsa
    • Kentucky
    • Arizona State
    • Other

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• Bogus Smith

You guys are sure getting worked up over something that really doesn't need to be sweated over!

As sure as the "voice' pulls young honeys, you can all relax. It's ALL GOOD!

You guys are sure getting worked up over something that really doesn't need to be sweated over!

As sure as the "voice' pulls young honeys, you can all relax. It's ALL GOOD!

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.  :-P

(...of course, Blevins is probably going to say: "as opposed to throwing up somewhere else??"  :-D

Guest Blevins

No, throwing up in your mouth is perfectly acceptable! (though really nasty!). Had you said, "I threw up out of my mouth", I might have come back with "Where else would you throw up from". Or "From where else would you have thrown up".

You know, when you have an opportunity to play for any college in the country, what matters most to some kids is playing for a school they believe in. The name on the front of that jersey and what that school stands for could really be what Rotnei Clarke is all about.

You know, when you have an opportunity to play for any college in the country, what matters most to some kids is playing for a school they believe in. The name on the front of that jersey and what that school stands for could really be what Rotnei Clarke is all about.

...and the fact that the PA announcer pulls young honeys.

No, throwing up in your mouth is perfectly acceptable! (though really nasty!). Had you said, "I threw up out of my mouth", I might have come back with "Where else would you throw up from". Or "From where else would you have thrown up".

...which would merely have prompted me to point out that BOTH queries ended in prepositions!

HAH!!  Two can play this game!!  :-D

Interesting thread on OUInsider.com

OUInsider.com Link

The thread is dealing with Chris Babb & Willie Warren and OU's pursuit of these recruits - as well as Rotnei Clarke.

Thanks for the link, Terry.  The posts continue and seems like interesting talk for ORU fans.

More message board rumors from the Kentucky Rivals message board:

Kentucky Rivals Message Board link

There is also a thread titled: "Is Oral Roberts really a possibility for Rotnei Clarke" on their premium site... subscription required.

Can you believe we are being mentioned in the same breath as the Kentucky Wildcats for a recruit? If they find our message board, it will bring the server down.

Kentucky basketball?

Yeah, the Cardinals are pretty good. That Pitino guy is building that program back up to a national level.

I never get tired of reading other schools' long threads that contain post after post of cracks on ORU's name. It's funny.

As for Kentucky basketball, after listening to him in the media and watching what he did with Aggie basketball, which was always a joke, I'm pretty confident Gillespie will turn the Wildcats into a top 5 team again pretty quick. Pitino vs. Gillespie could make for some great matchups in years to come.

Gillespie is both a great recruiter and a great coach. Combine his recruiting skills with the lure of Kentucky tradition and Rupp Arena and it is a cinch Gillespie will take the Wildcats back to elite status. He is building a monster..... and he better be because their fans are unrelenting. Toughest fans in sports.

That's why I would not go there if I were Rotnei...The pressure!!

not the on the court kind either.  That kind I know he could handle.  We all saw what happened to another high school superstar from a local school didn't we. 

Year #1 Sit most of the time

Year #2 Play sparingly

Year #3 Play a good amount

Year #4 Come out early and don't get drafted. 

PLUS, You always have to be looking a the next year's class of recruits to see who may be coming in to take you out.

Guys,

Just got back and the tourney was a lot of fun. Couple of points on Clarke. First time i had seen him in person and just seems like a very good teammate and person. He played point most of the time and did a very good job. Pretty quick and incredible range!! Nice to see his dad there in the ORU tshirt!!! The guys are doing a very good job on him and not pressuring at all but Scott doesn't miss one of his games.

Willie Warren is an incredible talent but lot of attitude to go with it!! Definite NBA guy.

Chris Babb would be a nice catch for ORU, maybe not at the KU level right now.

He and Rotnei seem to play well together, but their team will not make it far in the tourneys due to no big guys.

The staff is in on a few very good players that would continue to raise up the talent level at ORU.  They really do a great job overall and nice bunch of guys that work well together.

I love your post, Dj. You're one of the few insiders on this board, and are usually right on in your "guestimations". Glad to hear that the staff is still meshing well despite the loss of "the closer".