Max at Texas

ORUalum

A public service announcement for the so-called basketball experts who only show up this time of year (aka Kenny and Chuck).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

A public service announcement for the so-called basketball experts who only show up this time of year (aka Kenny and Chuck).

Wow! I'm a former German professor and I never noticed this before. This explanation is spot on.

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

EXCELLENT!!! Thanks! Never knew why it was pronounced the way it was, but understood somehow we were pronouncing it correctly and not as a made-up pronunciation. 

Texas marches on in a rock fight with Colorado State.  Max struggled in shooting the ball tonight but made solid passes and defensive plays.  He did what it takes to win.  The Rams looked like they were out of energy after playing Tuesday night and then having to travel to North Carolina.

Texas is going to have to play a LOT better than they did yesterday if they want to win another game.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MrsSmith said:

Texas is going to have to play a LOT better than they did yesterday if they want to win another game.

Very good point Mrs Smith.  Max has to shoot better versus a top level Tennessee defense.  Texas was 1-14 from 3 yesterday, if that happens again the Longhorns will get cooked.

Longhorns vs Tennessee right now on CBS. Super intense game so far, Max off to a slow start but I have a feeling he’ll have some magic tonight.

• Upvote 1

I have been shocked that Texas has not utilized Max very well in the NCAA tournament. It doesn’t look like they’ve designed pick and pop plays that he was so effective when he played for ORU. He has not been allowed to drive to the basket to shoot one of his patented teardrop layups. It seems Max needed a lot of touches in order to get his scoring going. He’s been relegated to the role of simply feeding the ball to other players. It’s been sad to watch in comparison with his glory days at ORU. I wish Max all of the best.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Titan Brent said:

I have been shocked that Texas has not utilized Max very well in the NCAA tournament. It doesn’t look like they’ve designed pick and pop plays that he was so effective when he played for ORU. He has not been allowed to drive to the basket to shoot one of his patented teardrop layups. It seems Max needed a lot of touches in order to get his scoring going. He’s been relegated to the role of simply feeding the ball to other players. It’s been sad to watch in comparison with his glory days at ORU. I wish Max all of the best.

And not many midcourt max shots from 25ish feet

What a career Max had at ORU and Texas: 8th all time in scoring and made the Sweet 16 with the Eagles.  I think he will get a contract with the G league next year.  If he shines there then who knows, maybe he gets a chance with an NBA team.  Not saying he will get drafted but he should get some looks from NBA organizations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

What a career Max had at ORU and Texas: 8th all time in scoring and made the Sweet 16 with the Eagles.  I think he will get a contract with the G league next year.  If he shines there then who knows, maybe he gets a chance with an NBA team.  Not saying he will get drafted but he should get some looks from NBA organizations.

The money will be better for Max overseas.  It will be up to his agent to find him the best situation.

• Upvote 1

On 3/23/2024 at 8:52 PM, Titan Brent said:

He has looked really worn down towards the end of the season. Hasn't been able to get to the basket and has forced some bad shots. Maybe he was banged up as the Big 12 is a really physical league and not able to take any plays off on the defensive side. His lack of athleticism really started to show towards the end of the season. 

I think Max will be a lot like Caleb Green and make a great living overseas for the next decade which is not a bad thing at all!

• Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

I would think Max will head overseas as he will make 5x as much as what the GLeague pays. Play there for a decade like Caleb Green and save some money. 

• Upvote 2

• Dr. Cornelius changed the title to Max at Texas