Max at Texas

ORUalum

18 points and 7 assists against UTA.  He also moved to 21st on the NCAA career scoring list with 2,785 points.  Just passed J.J. Reddick.

Go Max!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Max has been great so far at Texas: he has had a good balance of scoring and setting up his teammates.  It will be interesting to see how he handles the gauntlet of the Big 12 because every team is solid and can challenge Max with tough big guards.  If he continues at this pace then I think Max should get a shot with an NBA team next year.

• Like 2

Max has become Mr. Clutch for Texas.  He hit another game winning shot @ Cincinnati tonight with about 6 seconds to go.  That was his second of the season as he also hit the game winner versus Louisville.  Way to go Max!

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Max has become Mr. Clutch for Texas.  He hit another game winning shot @ Cincinnati tonight with about 6 seconds to go.  That was his second of the season as he also hit the game winner versus Louisville.  Way to go Max!

The shot: https://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=39275417

• Upvote 2

Geez Max is such a CLUTCH player......ORU truly misses him this season....heck TheEagleman misses him......not just the above but his heart and soul......Max is what ORU is all about......:tb-white:

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Old Titan said:

Death.  Taxes.  Max late.

Seeing Max excelling at Texas is ALMOST enough to make me like Longhorn basketball . . . almost.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I’m a longhorns fan as long as Max is there. For all the transfers that don’t work out, Max and KO have shown sometimes going to a bigger stage can be great for your career(if you can hang).

Edited by 2014Grad
  • Like 1

Kinda off topic but I watched some of the Loyola Chicago/Richmond game last night on ESPN.  I was specifically looking to see Patrick Mwamba in action.  Not only did he not start, he never really contributed.  He had a 2 point bucket and 1 rebound.  Not sure what he was thinking in his move to Loyola but I cannot believe this was what he was hoping for when he transferred.  

2 hours ago, ORU82 said:

Not sure what he was thinking in his move to Loyola but I cannot believe this was what he was hoping for when he transferred.  

He was apparently hoping for $$$, which he also did not get.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the videos...miss that guy!

11 minutes ago, ORUalum said:

Stealing OT's line from a week ago, with a very minor alteration: Death. Taxes. Max.

Had the privilege of watching Max vs UCF in person this past Wednesday night. Max started off hot with 9 early points but cooled until late in the game. It was weird seeing him in other colors, but he seems to be thriving and I think the move definitely increased his earning and career opportunities. I will say, he was hunted on defense for the last 10 minutes and had many points scored on him while he was the primary defender. Height will likely be the only thing keeping him from a solid NBA career. Will always cheer for Max!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Max's offense is his value.  Steph Curry and Trae Young are two small guards that make a pretty good living off of scoring points and are part of those teams' offensive strategy.  If they use Max correctly, I'm sure he could be happy making half the money those guys are making.  Plus he is articulate enough for many endorsement opportunities.

• Like 3

Max with 15 as Texas comes back to beat Baylor on ESPN today....big win for the Good Guys....er, Longhorns...😛

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, theeagleman5 said:

Max with 15 as Texas comes back to beat Baylor on ESPN today....big win for the Good Guys....er, Longhorns...😛

Plus seven assists.  He averages around 5 apg, on top of leading the team in scoring at 17.7 ppg.

• Like 1

22 for Max and Texas smokes OU in Norman...and TheEagleman loves it!! ❤️