Max at Texas

ORUalum

Max is going off on Baylor tonight.  At the first media timeout of the second half, Max already has 24 points and four assists with no turnovers.  I sure do miss Max!!  😢

2 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Max is going off at Baylor tonight:  24 points on 10-of-13 shooting with 15:00 still left in the game. Texas leading Baylor by 10 in Waco.  I gotta say again:  he has really surprised me this season in the Big 12; I thought he was too small. 

I can't believe that @Old Titan and I are thinking the same things and saying the same terms at the same time.  Must be my brother from another mother.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Max is now #8 all-time on the points list with 3,068 career points.  Proud of his accomplishments.  Let's not forget who found this talented player.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Max had a wonderful performance last night at Baylor with 33 points including several long bombs which is vintage Abmas....the announcers on site and in the studio sang his praises all night....too bad Texas faded at the end and the Bears came back to win in the 2nd half after one of the Longhorn starters had to leave with a knee injury.....👎

Longhorns loss to KSU pretty much eliminates them from the dance....TheEagleman guesses that there is still a very longshot possibility but unless a ton of top seeds advance then Texas will be on the outside looking in.....they really needed that game last night....😬

Texas is extremely likely to get a bid.  OU is the one that really needed a win yesterday - they are probably out.

• Like 1

Yeah I guess Longhorns might still get in...this tournament will be loaded with mediocrity....any one of 20 teams could win....hopefully Mad Max gets real hot 🔥 🔥 🔥 

• Like 1

Joey Brackets has Texas moving up to the 8th seed this morning, in spite of all the bubble busters that happened this weekend (Oregon, NC State, and still maybe UAB or Temple).  That is really surprising.  I think the Longhorns get in but no way they are an 8th seed.

Max has continued to make 3s: 509 in this career!  That is tied for 3rd all time.  

1 hour ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Joey Brackets has Texas moving up to the 8th seed this morning, in spite of all the bubble busters that happened this weekend (Oregon, NC State, and still maybe UAB or Temple).  That is really surprising.  I think the Longhorns get in but no way they are an 8th seed.

Max has continued to make 3s: 509 in this career!  That is tied for 3rd all time.  

Texas has a NET rating of about 30 and has played in a really really good BIG12. An eight seed sounds about right! When hot they can compete with(not sure about beat) almost anyone.

• Like 1

I was wrong again, Texas gets a 7 seed with 12 losses.  Good for Max.  

At least Max gets to go dancing again.  Hopefully he can write another chapter in his legacy of college basketball.  We'll be praying for you, Max!! 🙏

• Upvote 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:20 PM, theeagleman5 said:

Yeah I guess Longhorns might still get in

🤔 might still get in?  They are a 7 seed!  You Yankees really should watch some Big XII basketball. 🤣

• Haha 1

Jeff Goodman on the field of 68 said his hot take was that Max would turn into Steph Curry and lead Texas to the Elite 8.

• Upvote 1

at least something to watch and cheer for next couple weeks - can't root for the longhorns , but can root for them being behind most of the game and then max getting a buzzer beater to win. 

• Like 1

TheEagleman loves Max and Texas but sorry they are not a #7 seed IMHO....again I guess it just speaks to the MEDIOCRITY in this entire NCAA Tournament....looks like the ENTIRE BIG 12 got in.....this is the type of year where almost any of 20-25 teams could win it maybe more....look at how many #1 conference seeds were defeated....the quality of D-1 basketball is so down as pointed out last week by Old Titan.....but it should make for an interesting March Madness...could be upsets galore in your brackets!!  😵‍💫

• Upvote 1

Max gets a rematch with an old foe Colorado State.  I am sure he has not forgotten the last time he faced them in Fort Collins (80-109 loss). Max also goes against an old foe from his Dallas high school days: Isaiah Stevens.  They faced each other in AAU ball and even worked out together one summer.  Should be an interesting matchup in Charlotte.  

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 8:56 AM, theeagleman5 said:

TheEagleman loves Max and Texas but sorry they are not a #7 seed IMHO....again I guess it just speaks to the MEDIOCRITY in this entire NCAA Tournament....looks like the ENTIRE BIG 12 got in.....this is the type of year where almost any of 20-25 teams could win it maybe more....look at how many #1 conference seeds were defeated....the quality of D-1 basketball is so down as pointed out last week by Old Titan.....but it should make for an interesting March Madness...could be upsets galore in your brackets!!  😵‍💫

Im going with CSU!!

Sorry but TheEagleman is going with MAX and the Longhorns....I watched the CSU game last night and Virginia was just awful...a disgrace to the selection committee....will credit the Rams for the victory but they were just eh....a rested Texas team  should beat them....GO LONGHORNS!!.....   Image result for texas longhorns logo

• Upvote 4