Max at Texas

ORUalum

Max 1-9 in the first half at Houston this afternoon....ouch! 😮

Max needs 6 pts for 3000....🤩

• Like 1

Max is still stuck at 2994 after that rough day at Houston...he still needs a measly 6 points tonight at home vs. Kansas State to hit the magic 3000 number. I think he will be the 12th male player to do it in D-1.....that's quite an accomplishment for any player let alone a guy who is 5'11"....TheEagleman will be watching on ESPN2...🍷

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Bogus Smith said:

Max hits #3,000 points tonight in the game with KSU.  One of three D-1 players to have 3,000 points and 500 assists in NCAA history.  Congratulations, Max!

Yes indeed, congrats to Max!! Remembering the fun times not so long ago when Max was lighting things up at Mabee Center and putting a smile on the faces of a lot of Golden Eagle fans, including this one:

IMG_4431.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Max is the Man!! 🤩

Hey Bogus...who are the other 2?? 🤔

19 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

Hey Bogus...who are the other 2?? 🤔

I'm not Bogus, but . . .

Antoine Davis of Detroit Mercy (3664, 593)

Keydren Clark of Saint Peter (3,058, 501)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Max has a good chance to finish in the top 6-7 all time in scoring, depending on how far Texas goes in the tournament.  He is also closing in on an old nemesis: Mike Daum from South Dakota State.  It will be good to see him move past Daum!

If Max had stayed another year then he would have been #1 at ORU.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Keenan Henderson said:

Max has a good chance to finish in the top 6-7 all time in scoring, depending on how far Texas goes in the tournament.  He is also closing in on an old nemesis: Mike Daum from South Dakota State.  It will be good to see him move past Daum!

If Max had stayed another year then he would have been #1 at ORU.

I'd love it if he could top Daum, but at this point Max will have to up his PPG to get there. Last night he just seemed a little off. I don't think he hit a 3 all night.

I take it back - with a minimum of six more games this season for Texas Daum is absolutely in Max's sights.

9 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

I'm not Bogus, but . . .

Antoine Davis of Detroit Mercy (3664, 593)

Keydren Clark of Saint Peter (3,058, 501)

Max currently stands at 3,002, 510, FWIW.

15 hours ago, tmh8286 said:

Last night he just seemed a little off. I don't think he hit a 3 all night.

Max was shadowed closely by at least one person no matter where he went last night.  If any team knew what Max was capable of, it was the team that lost out in the Max Abmas sweepstakes.  They realized that the rest of the Longhorns were going to have to beat KSU, but they were not going to allow Max to get hot and/or be able to scrape off a screen to get an open look.  He earned every point he made last night.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Bogus Smith said:

He earned every point he made last night.

But he made enough to top the ethereal tally of 3,000, which was enough, placing him among the elite college players of all time. 

He is averaging 35.1 minutes per game over the entire season. I think he might be physically and mentally wearing down. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes a game seems like a breeze vs the 40+ minutes per game he averaged at ORU last year  (due to some overtime games).

• 2 weeks later...

Max is going off in a 10-point Texas lead at Baylor with 15:00 to go tonight:  26 points on 11-of-14 shooting.

I gotta say again:  he has really surprised me this season in the Big 12; I thought he was too small. 

• Upvote 5