TU game tickets

oruvoice

FYI...I went to the TU ticket office at the Reynolds Center this morning around 10am and got two tickets on the SECOND ROW! Needless to say, there are PLENTY of tickets for the game tuesday night. The only reason an ORU fan wouldn't attend this game is sheer laziness. It WILL NOT be a sellout.

Hope to see everyone tuesday night for the Green/Tutt 4-peat!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold*

• Mike Minyard

• Dr. Cornelius

• ManiacAlum

Hope to see everyone tuesday night for the Green/Tutt 4-peat!

I dunno about a 4-peat yet. TU isn't as weak as they have been in the past. Uzoh and Mclean are good. Plus this is their SuperBowl... this is the one game they circle all year.

Unless TU is ON FIRE and plays out of their mind (which is possible), we should win.

If we play well and they play poorly, it's a blowout.

If we play horribly and the play well, it could be tight.

All that said, if they don't get up for us this year a great game, they never will.

Voice's early prediction......ORU-77 - TU-66

That's a really bold prediction voice after tearing down TU.  That's about the prediction I would give, and I'm giving way too much respect to them.  Shouldn't you throw out about 15+ or even a 20+ prediction?  11 points isn't a blowout.

Given the history of this game over the last 10 years or so, I would say 11 points is a big margin of victory. These rivalry games can be wacky and unpredictable .... just ask Texas and Texas A&M.

Haven't we been told for years though by the TU fans that this is a bigger game for ORU?  This isn't a big game to them, right?

I heard the Maniacs got around 200 tickets.

Mike Minyard.....I truly think we win by 20+ points, but I hesitate because SURELY the Golden Hurricane is embarrassed about the last 3 years and will come out SUPER INTENSE and throw the kitchen sink at us.

Although, they don't have many Oklahoma kids on their roster. Perhaps, their non-Oklahoma players don't get this rivalry as much.....

They won't throw the kichen sink.... just a collapsing zone defense. The real question is who do  they match up against Caleb? Suspect Caleb will be double & triple teamed and they will dare the other players to beat them - that's what I would do.

I think we let Caleb do his thing and focus on Tutt, who is the guy that blew us up the last two games.

Walls will be on Caleb to start, but I think we'll throw everyone we have, from Crow to Ramsdell to Mitchell to McLean.  I expect it will be an UGLY game, with lots of turnovers and fouls. 

When things aren't going our way, we play really chippy defense and try to out-muscle the other team.  It's similar to how Michigan State and Texas play.  Personally, I'm not a big fan of the style -- I think it leaves too much up to the refs and just isn't pretty for the fans to watch -- but it worked towards the end of last year.  When we play well, it's still ugly.

We definitely have more talent on the floor than the last couple of years, but I'm not sure we're experienced enough as a team.

I heard the Maniacs got around 200 tickets.

I think you were kidding on this, but the maniacs have to get their own tickets, we are trying to get some group tickets somewhere but haven't gotten them yet.  If those 200 tickets do exist (Or if voice is buying them for us) let us know where we can pick them up.  We're hoping to have at least 40 or so sitting together with everyone else filling up where they can

I think you were kidding on this, but the maniacs have to get their own tickets, we are trying to get some group tickets somewhere but haven't gotten them yet.  If those 200 tickets do exist (Or if voice is buying them for us) let us know where we can pick them up.  We're hoping to have at least 40 or so sitting together with everyone else filling up where they can

I thought more than 40 made the trip to TU last time (could be wrong). Seems like this year would have been even better for turnout since it's not during break.

I dunno about a 4-peat yet. TU isn't as weak as they have been in the past. Uzoh and Mclean are good. Plus this is their SuperBowl... this is the one game they circle all year.

Every time I read this thread I start giggling.

You're obviously addicted to our board... :-D

Seriously guys..."The ORU game is the one game TU circles all year"...??? Every time I read this thread I start giggling.

If the statement isn't true then exactly why are you so preoccupied with us? I also fail to see any other teams in the top 150 of the RPI (aside from Memphis) on the TU home schedule so I would assume that you would be circling this game. Any logical person would.

Let's see, ORU beat #3 Kansas, Kansas beat #1 Florida......& all you can say is "ORU has a nice program."  ???

The score board will tell us all we need to know this week about the ORU & TU programs.  :mrgreen:

In all honesty, this is NOT Tulsa's "Superbowl", but you've got to know that losing three straight in convincing fashion to little ol' ORU sticks in their gut. Any visit to the TU message board over the offseason will tell you that it DOES mean a lot to most of their fans. Hardly a week goes by where you don't see some back-handed slap at ORU.

It is NOT their biggest game, but over the last few years it has become (once again) a very big game to them, for several reasons.

I expect a fired up TU team and crowd tuesday night. And, it should be an exciting game. One that could go either way. However, if we continue to defend like we have been and get a few shots to fall, we should win.