ORU vs. Oregon

Old Titan

How many challenges do you get? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Very disappointing loss and especially that we got shutout by a mostly mediocre Duck bullpen over the last 6 innings.....our bullpen came up very small along with Hall unable to hold an 8 run cushion....oh well, no crying about it...let's just come back and get the next two...series not over yet.....but one last comment from TheEagleman.....not sure why Folmar didn't start the 9th with Denton....sorry but it had to be done.....at least after Patton walked the first guy......they pulled that trigger too late.....hopefully the Good Guys are motivated to get back out there and win the next two.....frankly, ORU has the better team....just didn't show it tonight.....GO BLUE!!!! 🙏

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

HOLY F?&#!!

I went fishing thinking I didn't have to watch anymore.      I'm in shock can't imagine what you guys feel...

dammit come back and win 2 more 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, theeagleman5 said:

not sure why Folmar didn't start the 9th with Denton....sorry but it had to be done.....at least after Patton walked the first guy.

Patton went three up three down in the 8th on 13 pitches and was dialed in like he was in Stillwater. So I understand why Fulmer felt confident bringing him back out for the 9th. Especially in a tie game when you may need Denton to actually close. He looked like a different pitcher in the 9th. In a game like this there are so many decisions you can second guess. 

I will just keep coming back to this. It appeared to me we stopped being aggressive at the plate after the third inning. I feel like we watched a lot of good pitches to hit cross the plate. 

That made us vulnerable and we had some self inflicted wounds and it comes down to the 9th and we didn’t execute. 

But I agree Eagleman, we are the better team and can win the next two but the margin for error is very small. 

The Ducks win round one, but winning one gets you nothing, except being closer to two.  If ORU wins on Saturday, the pressure in game three will rest fully on the Ducks! 

• Like 4

TB82 I hope you shielded the eyes of your loved ones to prevent them from seeing the flabby, fish belly white frat boys who took off their shirts in the final innings. 

• Haha 2

It was a heart breaker to lose after being up 8-0.  The big question is how will the Eagles bounce back?  Are they still very confident or maybe a little disappointed.  I guess we will not know until tomorrow night.

Actually, I had a family conflict and didn’t get to game one.  But, the cavalry train is leaving early in the morning and I’ll be present in Eugene for game two.  And I hope our boys make sure that the frat boys don’t take off their shirts tomorrow!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

We were sitting right across the aisle from the students.  They were a rowdy bunch, a few drunk ones in particular.  Security had to come down several times in the last few innings.

The other fans were VERY nice, but the students were pretty rude.  Probably typical for a state university.

It was a great environment though.  Other than losing I hope we got some good PR on ESPN.

Tomorrow Bogus and I will hit the coast and then return to cheer the Eagles on for the win.  It is beautiful here - the trees are amazing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Otis 83 said:

I met some of the mothers at DBU. I wouldn’t recommend the duckling faithful mess with them either!

It is good that the parents were one section over from the students. They would not have liked it!

One student was making fun of our mascot being the Eagles.  I thought that was funny coming from the Ducks.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

TheEagleman agrees that ORU MUST be more aggressive at the plate tonight....so many lovely strikes to hit late in the game and we just watched them go by or swung and missed.....Jonah Cox had a poor AB late swinging at a pitch in the dirt that was ball four....the error on Widener on the bunt was crucial....should have been an easy out but he just wiffed on the ball.....the catchers interference was a tough call but correct......plate umpire was fairly consistent all night and was not calling the low strike.....Good Guys must come out hitting tonight and continue to do so.....its no fun becoming the first team ever to lose in a Super Regional with an 8+ run lead.....TheEagleman got quite tired of the 0-96 graphic that ESPN kept putting up late in the game....lol.....oh well.....the boys have to put it behind them and get the W tonight....I still believe in them.....Ducks are good....but not Wake Forest good....Let's DO IT!!!   GO BLUE!!! :tb-white:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My confidence in this team is not shaken. I'm sure their's isnt either. This is a perfect scenario for another ORU miracle. Folmar just needs to keep them focused and the team leaders need to step up. I predict victory tonight. 

• Like 6

Well that was painful. 

Not really any one thing to point out. That was a slow breakdown in all parts of the game.

What probably bothers me the most is giving up those early HRs to guys who don't hit homers.

And as @theeagleman5 pointed out, a lot of ABs given away after getting ahead in counts, swinging at balls well out of the zone.

Probably would have gone ahead and started the 9th with Denton, especially once they burned their closer. Nothing to lose at that point, and hate bringing in a high leverage guy in the middle of an inning.

Good news is: Can't get any worse! Baseball has a way of changing one day to the next. 

Also, they used a parade of relievers with 5.00 and 6.00 ERAs.

We. 👏 Just. 👏 Need. 👏 One. Get to tomorrow and lets see what happens.

EAGS IN 3 😤

• Like 1

It was a very disappointing loss, but a lot of positives. We just have to have a short memory, put that one behind us and come back today and get after it. Jump out early and play to win, we can't try to just hold a lead and play not to lose. We can't change yesterday, but we can control how we come out and play today, we have good veteran leadership so let's play like we know we can and go out get this one!

I apologize for getting off topic, but I got a good chuckle out of @titansforever post about Mike Batesole yesterday. Mike was a very good 3rd baseman on some outstanding Titan baseball teams in the mid-80's with several teammates that made it to the majors. But he was a minor celebrity in the athletic dorm for another reason. In the early 80's Richard Roberts used to drive his big 700 seris BMW right up to JLJ and park right next to the ballpark on the 3rd base side, he was too important to park in the parking lot and walk over to the game like everyone else. Well one day and I don't remember the exact game, but Mike pops a foul ball straight up a mile, and it just barely clears the roof and smashes right into Richards BMW!!  Richard stopped parking there and Mike was a legend in the AD!

Let's get one tonight, Go Eagles!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORU40 said:

It was a very disappointing loss, but a lot of positives. We just have to have a short memory, put that one behind us and come back today and get after it. Jump out early and play to win, we can't try to just hold a lead and play not to lose. We can't change yesterday, but we can control how we come out and play today, we have good veteran leadership so let's play like we know we can and go out get this one!

I apologize for getting off topic, but I got a good chuckle out of @titansforever post about Mike Batesole yesterday. Mike was a very good 3rd baseman on some outstanding Titan baseball teams in the mid-80's with several teammates that made it to the majors. But he was a minor celebrity in the athletic dorm for another reason. In the early 80's Richard Roberts used to drive his big 700 seris BMW right up to JLJ and park right next to the ballpark on the 3rd base side, he was too important to park in the parking lot and walk over to the game like everyone else. Well one day and I don't remember the exact game, but Mike pops a foul ball straight up a mile, and it just barely clears the roof and smashes right into Richards BMW!!  Richard stopped parking there and Mike was a legend in the AD!

Let's get one tonight, Go Eagles!!

I told that story a year or two ago here on the board but I couldn't remember which player it was.  Thanks for filling in the blanks for me.

NOW the way I heard the story from Morty is that Richard approached Mike with the ball, all red faced and fuming, and Mike said "Do you want me to sign it?"  Not sure if that really happened but that's the way I tell the story.

Go Golden Eagles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1