2023 Individual and Team Accolades

Old Titan

Of course you all realize that if I’m not complaining, I feel like I’m not trying. 😉

But, I truly do feel - especially in baseball - that a concerted effort is made by the league office to find ANYTHING positive to say about the schools in the MIDCO foot print, even it means dismissing the efforts of players outside the area.

Let me put it this way:  if a player from Northern Colorado or Western Illinois was putting up the same numbers as McDonald, he would be ignored while the award went to some Dakota player for pulling a cow out of a snow drift between games of a doubleheader at home. 😘

• Haha 5

Totally agree...ORU needs to go to Fargo in 15 days and Ten Run Rule everybody to send the much needed message on their home turf...Don't bleep with the Golden Eagles!!! 🤩

1 hour ago, theeagleman5 said:

Totally agree...ORU needs to go to Fargo in 15 days and Ten Run Rule everybody to send the much needed message on their home turf...Don't bleep with the Golden Eagles!!! 🤩

No run-rule in tournament play, which led to ORU winning the championship game last season by a score of 20-2 over Omaha. 😬

Ya know....I thought about that possiblity which is kind of silly....teams just aren't likely to come back 10+ runs down after 7 innings or more and a Run Rule would help save pitching.....but so be it.....ORU can just run up the score without any concerns....Let's do it!!  Image result for cosmo kramer

ORUBase & Jonah Cox making national news!

Edited by ORUFanbase
  • Like 1

http://baseballnews.com/collegiate-baseball-div-1-poll-5-15-23/

Jump to #12 this week in the Collegiate Baseball poll.  Will we break the top-10 if we sweep Western Illinois??  🤔

In other news, ORU doesn't get even one vote in the National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association poll and drops from 74 to 78 in the RPI after sweeping OVC-power Southern Indiana (tongue-in-cheek).  We even dropped a vote out of the USA Today's Coaches' poll.

Love ORUbase, but in no world are they the 12th best team in the country.

• Like 1

SUMMIT LEAGUE BRASS:  "So tired of ORU winning all the time.  I don't care if their baseball team is nationally-ranked and winners of 20 of their last 21 games; I don't want to see one word about them released from this office today."

SUMMIT LEAGUE MEDIA RELATIONS FLUNKIE:  "Done."

4 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

SUMMIT LEAGUE BRASS:  "So tired of ORU winning all the time.  I don't care if their baseball team is nationally-ranked and winners of 20 of their last 21 games; I don't want to see one word about them released from this office today."

Unbelievable. 

20 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Wait until the year-end awards come out..... and they put Cade Denton on the second team again! 🥱

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Old Titan said:

It’s amazing and they think the fans don’t notice it. ORUBase winning the Tournament would be the best heaping ashes for the SL office. 

1 hour ago, Bogus Smith said:

Wait until the year-end awards come out..... and they put Cade Denton on the second team again! 🥱

Bogus, thanks for getting my "make the joke fit the news" ribbing of Monday's weekly awards announcements. 

For those who didn't:  ORU not playing a conference seris this past weekend allowed the league office a window to provide participation trophies to the other schools in the not-so-competitive "Race To Fargo".

"For the record" (lol), do I REALLY think the powers-that-be in the Summit League office sit around discussing ways to get over on ORU?

Of course not.

They use e-mails. 😘

• Haha 6