2023 Individual and Team Accolades

Old Titan

ORU now has the #1 D-1 basketball and baseball teams in the state of Oklahoma....combined 79-17 W/L.... maybe its time for that ORU credit card...😍

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Call me crazy but I’m enjoying this more than any of our March Madness runs! What a ride! 

• Upvote 4

The sweet sixteen run was super special, but this World Series run is the baseball equivalent to the final four, so it’s a really big deal! I think the cumulative effect of having the basketball team be great, followed by this run in baseball, is pretty incredible. I don’t think there’s a college athletic department in the country that’s doing more with a small budget. Hopefully, the budget doesn’t have to be as small with all this success. 

• Upvote 4

The CEO (Tim Lyons) is an alum and member of the Board of Trustees. 

6 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Seriously, Omaha Baseball does NOT want ORU showing the College World Series what the Summit League is made of.  We all know that the League is made of one excellent baseball program, and all the rest that serve to pull its RPI down.

Any Summit League attempt to say that ORU’s appearance in the CWS proves that the League is a baseball conference worthy of praise is being quite disingenuous.  

💯

Feels like the Summit League is riding ORU baseball’s coattails rather than promoting anything.

Isn’t the Summit League still in jeopardy of losing its automatic qualifying bid due to Western Illinois’ exit? Maybe our commissioner should make that the current focus…

• Upvote 3

Nicole Briscoe on Baseball Tonight: “Blaze Brothers has the best name in all of sports.” 

Can we have a recruiting and current roster sub forum in the baseball section? I think we will all have a heightened interest in how we rebuild going into 2024. 

• Upvote 4