College Baseball 2023 Rankings, Polls & Bracketology

Old Titan

Another projection that has ORU as a 4-Seed in Stillwater, plus 20th-ranked Arizona State as a 2-Seed and 22nd-ranked Texas-San Antonio as a 3-seed.

That means FOUR teams in the Top 25 in ONE regional!  

Meanwhile, the regionals back East or up North will be lucky to feature ONE ranked team... #smh

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

Another projection that has ORU as a 4-Seed in Stillwater, plus 20th-ranked Arizona State as a 2-Seed and 22nd-ranked Texas-San Antonio as a 3-seed.

That means FOUR teams in the Top 25 in ONE regional!  

Meanwhile, the regionals back East or up North will be lucky to feature ONE ranked team... #smh

A Stillwater regional is great for ORU. But we all have been shocked before with selection day of major tournaments so we shall see.

RPI was not damaged by playing the Tommies; sweeping three road contests must have helped counter their brutal 281 ranking...

9 hours ago, Old Titan said:

RPI was not damaged by playing the Tommies; sweeping three road contests must have helped counter their brutal 281 ranking...

Morning. Well that’s a big plus. Any new projections on what regional Orubase could end up in?

Let me ask this questions, what’s the format the selection committee uses aside from RPI to determine where a team plays? Clearly in the last some teams travel long distances to play.

40 minutes ago, TrueBlue82 said:

Collegiate Baseball Poll for May 8 - ORU jumps from 24 to 16! 😳

The win over the Cowboys certainly seems to have resonated, no?

• Like 3

The #16 ranking is seriously impressive.  When was the last time an ORU baseball team was ranked that high?

Seriously happy with the #16 ranking. Congratulations to the team. They deserve the recognition. But can someone help me who knows the inside scoop on the polling. Why does Collegiate Baseball favor us so much that we deserve a #16 in their eyes and in all the other polls we barely receive a single vote or two? 

Also, is there any way to watch the Wichita State game?

4 minutes ago, dave said:

Seriously happy with the #16 ranking. Congratulations to the team. They deserve the recognition. But can someone help me who knows the inside scoop on the polling. Why does Collegiate Baseball favor us so much that we deserve a #16 in their eyes and in all the other polls we barely receive a single vote or two? 

Also, is there any way to watch the Wichita State game?

ESPN+

6 hours ago, TrueBlue82 said:

ESPN+

Thanks. Somehow I missed that. My wife says I cant see things right in front of my eyes. She's right. 

Vols Wire (Tennessee) 

ORU projected as the #4 Seed in Stillwater.

Stunnung that most bracketologists have FIVE regionals in the Carolinas (Wake Forest, Coastal Carolina, Duke, Clemson, and South Carolina) and NONE in Texas now that Dallas Baptist has slipped to a projected No. 2 Seed (perhaps joining ORU in Stillwater or Fayetteville).

Most post-seasons in the past half century have seen multiple regionals in the Lone Star State, with the likes of Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Baylor, Texas Tech, Rice, Houston, etc. all legitimate candidates for trips to Omaha. 

Now, the best any of them can hope for is a No. 2 Seed, UNLESS Texas wins the Big 12 tournament, or DBU wins out in all their remaining games; could just earn either of them a chance to host.

1 hour ago, ORUFanbase said:

Vols Wire (Tennessee) 

ORU projected as the #4 Seed in Stillwater.

Based on the Stillwater bracket, if that would come to pass, ORU, although seeded 4th is currently ranked above the 2 and 3 seeds (UCSB and Oregon) and only three spots below OKST at #13. That may be a very winnable bracket.

I'm convinced these bracketologists are now just trying to devise the most ridiculous "Group Of Death" possible for the Stillwater Regional:

That would be a brutal regional.  I think ORU should be getting some 3 seed projections at this point, but I guess we are still just perceived as a 4 seed.

I thought DBU was being considered as a regional host site?

4 hours ago, dave said:

I thought DBU was being considered as a regional host site?

For whatever reason, the Patriots have fallen out of favor as a 1-Seed with most bracketologists, leaving no regional sites at all in the state of Texas, which is bizarre.  Several teams from Texas are projected as 2 or 3 seeds, DBU included.  Austin is an outside chance to host, if Texas wins the Big 12 tournament.

This projection has ORU, OSU, & Texas State in the Fayetteville Regional.

Arkansas is beatable based on their losses this season but we all know it’s A+ game ORU needs to play to stay with the Hogs.