College Baseball 2023 Rankings, Polls & Bracketology

Old Titan

30 minutes ago, Old Titan said:

In Case You Missed It:  ORU is now up to SEVENTH nationally in Collegiate Baseball's latest poll (6/6).

CB appears to be the only college baseball poll releasing updated rankings throughout the playoffs; the other polls are presumably waiting until after the World Series for final rankings, where I hope it's safe to guess that ORU will be ranked somewhere in ALL of them.

Interestingly, Oklahoma State and Auburn fell totally out of the poll.  I don't think OU was ever in it.  There were a lot of top 10 teams that fell down into the lower ranks as well. 

Here's hoping we earn our #7 ranking this weekend with a couple of wins.

5 hours ago, GoldenEagleFan said:

Sorry I’m not familiar… how is home/road team determined in Omaha?

I think for the opening game, the better seed from the orginal 64-team field is the home team.

So, Fayetteville #2 Seed TCU would be the home team vs. Stillwater #4 Seed ORU.

In games after that, I'm pretty sure it involves coin flips, star charts, and Punxsutawney Phil's shadow.

Groundhog Day Winter GIF by Storyful

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Home team determination for regionals and CWS is explained here:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/platform/amp/2022/6/13/23166225/college-world-series-bracket-schedule-home-team-for-each-game-away-team-who-bats-last

Basically higher seed for the first game, then if a team has been home team fewer times than their opponent, they get to be home team. Apparently ORU lost the coin flip to be visitors again against Washington (UW had also been visitors against DBU) but were home against DBU (since DBU had been a home team and ORU had not). 

Edited by ORUTex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2