ORU vs. Duke

ORUSwagger

Our threes aren't dropping. Yes, they are more contested than usual, but I think it's nerves at this point. Max hitting the one three is good news. If his threes start dropping and more of Vanover's . . . and everyone else's, maybe we can climb back into this thing.

3 minutes ago, ron said:

Our threes aren't dropping. Yes, they are more contested than usual, but I think it's nerves at this point. Max hitting the one three is good news. If his threes start dropping and more of Vanover's . . . and everyone else's, maybe we can climb back into this thing.

Maybe but duke's d is real good

• Upvote 1

Duke is playing great defense. I don't want to give them anything, but I have to give them that. Another is the embarrassment of riches on the bench.

3 minutes ago, jmg1984 said:

This is like Houston way over matched😦😦

We're not in the Summit anymore toto! I guess comparing ACC stats with Summit stats isn't apples to apples!! Can we now stop using the term "elite"!

This is why we need to play a real OOC schedule, stop trying to outsmart the NET ranking with NAIA games and play some real competitive games and actually improve, not game the Kenpom numbers. On the court is where it counts. Getting a 12 seed and playing a weak schedule gets you this, playing some tougher OOC games may get you a lower seed but your better prepared!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORU40 said:

We're not in the Summit anymore toto! I guess comparing ACC stats with Summit stats isn't apples to apples!! Can we now stop using the term "elite"!

This is why we need to play a real OOC schedule, stop trying to outsmart the NET ranking with NAIA games and play some real competitive games and actually improve, not game the Kenpom numbers. On the court is where it counts. Getting a 12 seed and playing a weak schedule gets you this, playing some tougher OOC games may get you a lower seed but your better prepared!

It's never over til it's over. There are other low seeds from similarly disadvantaged conferences that have done better. Partly, this is Duke. If we can't put a dent into this lead, I may start believing that Duke can win this whole thing.

Regardless of the outcome of this game, my guess is that tonight after the game, we are searching the Stargate for more bigs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

Just curious don't they try to and none of the big schools want to

21 minutes ago, ORU40 said:

Why shouldn’t we call Duke elite? They look like it to me!

• Like 2

Guys, this season is too long, and these guys have too many wins for me to concede this game before time runs out.

Keep lively on the bench and let’s score some points at the foul line when the clock is stopped 

• Like 1

That was a strategic foul. I think we'll see more of those, even when they're shooting fouls. Flip is not as good a free-throw shooter as other Duke players.